What’s the Project? An ice cream cookie sandwich makes a perfect summer dessert. It’s fun to make with the kids and they will LOVE eating it too!
Summer is here and I am happy. I love spending time with my kids, I love being at the pool and I love making yummy treats to eat outside.
This ice cream cookie sandwich is a tradition in our house and it makes a great summer dessert!
They are so cute, so fun and so yummy!
Let’s make them!
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich:
Yummy & Easy Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich Pops
- Cookies see my two recipes below
- Ice Cream-try to get at least 2-3 flavors
- Toppings: crushed candy sprinkles, coconut, pretzels, mini chocolate chips
- Sucker sticks or popsicle sticks
- Set your ice cream out to thaw a little and make sure your cookies are thawed as well if you froze them.
- Grab two cookies (and they don't have to be the same flavor). Take a scoop of ice cream and place it on one.
- Then place the other cookie on top and press down until the ice cream reaches the edges.
- Then roll it in the topping of your choice.
- Stick a popsicle or sucker stick in it if you want to make it extra fun!
- Now you can eat these right away or you can refreeze them and eat them later!
I keep getting so excited about warm weather and sunshine and summer and being outside…and then a yucky, rainy, cold day keeps showing up!
But, when the warm weather does show up, I want to eat yummy treats with my kids sitting outside on my deck and enjoy the warm summer nights.
And this is an absolute favorite with my kids and in our family. We love to make an ice cream cookie sandwich (this time on a stick) for any celebration or just any day!
They look amazingly yummy and fun too right?! Let me tell you the real beauty behind these though. I love making several different types of cookies, getting several flavors of ice cream and a bunch of toppings and then I let everyone choose their combo. Something for everyone!
My other main secret with this is to make the cookies ahead and put them in GladWare® and freeze them. This prevents waste of the cookies (since they won’t go stale), and makes it easier for me because I don’t have to bake all the cookies in day. And if you want the honest truth, I think my cookies taste better after they’ve been frozen in a nice airtight GladWare® container and then thawed. Makes them nice and soft and chewy.
So go ahead, make your cookies whenever it’s convenient for you and then store them in GladWare® until you are ready to use them. And then if you have leftovers you can save them for later and not waste any cookies!
So let’s talk about how I made these!
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich Pops:
I’m going to share two of my favorite cookie recipes with you below, but you can use any cookies you want. Otherwise, here is what you will need:
Chocolate Cookie Recipe:
- 1 C butter (or 2 sticks) softened or melted
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 C flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine ingredients (just like you would with any cookies), roll into balls and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough:
- 1 C butter, softened or melted
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C flour
Preheat oven to 375.
Prepare just like you would with any cookie, roll into balls and bake 9-10 minutes.
Then make your ice cream sandwiches. So much fun!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad Food Protection. The opinions and text are all mine.
You Might Also Like: