What’s the Project? These easy funfetti cookies are made from a cake mix and super simple to make but they taste amazing. Bright and colorful, these whoopie pies are sandwiched with buttercream frosting and are a fun dessert!
You know that moment when it’s almost time for dinner (and in this case, it’s actually going out to dinner) and you know you shouldn’t eat the dessert that’s sitting in front of you, so you figure you’ll just take one bite and then walk away?
But then you take another bite because it was just SO good. And then another and before you know it you ate the whole thing even though you were about to go out to dinner?! Ya, me neither. Never had that experience. Especially not with these amazing funfetti cookies! 😉
Seriously though, this did happen and it wasn’t pretty. A person should have more self-control than that right? But these funfetti cookies are just so good!
And these funfetti whoopie pie cookies only need 5 ingredients to make. They are so easy, so good and turn out so fun! You’re going to love them, your kids are going to love them. You’ll want to make them all the time! And they look like a party in a cookie.
They could be PERFECT for birthdays or for Spring and Easter or just for anytime!
Ok, let’s make these funfetti cake mix cookies!
Funfetti Whoopie Pies Recipe:
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/2 C butter softened (this is one stick)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 container of sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, butter, and egg and mix until smooth.
- Now pour in a bunch of sprinkles. I used about 1/3-1/2 of my little bottle of them. But really, just do what works for you. You’ll want quite a few to make it fun.
- Mix those in and then make cookie dough balls that are about 1 inch big.
- Press them down slightly to begin the flattening process for them before you put them in the oven.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Allow them to cool.
- Grab your frosting (you can make your own or get store bought) and add some bright colors!
- Then put it in a plastic bag, snip off the corner and pipe it on your cookies.
- Give them each a nice big pile of frosting.
- Then throw another cookie on top and gently press down.
And you’ve got a perfect, fun cookie! Enjoy!
And enjoy eating these funfetti cookies!
You Might Also Like:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Leave a Reply