What’s the Project? There’s not much better than a warm, soft peanut butter cookie…except one that has melting chocolate chips in it! This easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe is soft and tempting and a crowd favorite.
I bake cookies all the time (I’m trying to stop but let’s be honest, I won’t). I’ve got quite a few favorites but inevitably I come back to my old standard…because it’s my favorite.
It’s soft and chewy and utterly irresistible. I mean it. When I cook these I can’t stop eating them. And it’s my favorite combination (and yours?)-chocolate peanut butter.
I’m not kidding-you’re going to love these cookies. This peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe is my all-time favorite and it’s about to be yours too!
It’s ok to want to lick your computer screen. But you don’t have to-you can make these yourself!
First let me tell you a few tricks that I use when I make cookies. You DO NOT have to use these tricks when you make these, but it’s something I do to make my cookies extra soft and extra flavorful.
Peanut Butter Cookie Making Tips:
Soften the butter (for most cookies I fully melt mine but with peanut butter cookies it’s better to not fully melt). This helps dissolve the sugar and gives the cookies a good texture.
I add a tiny bit of milk (about 2 Tbsp.) to every batch of cookies that I make. This also adds to the softness BUT I then compensate with a little bit more flour. You need to experiment with this a little bit but it’s still important to be able to make a solid ball of cookie dough, but it should be a nice, soft ball.
Double the vanilla (don’t do this on this recipe-I’ve already compensated for this).
Bake until they are JUST done. I love my cookies soft and chewy (as you can tell) so I bake them only the minimum needed. For me, it’s 9 minutes on my oven but every oven differs.
Now, let’s make these cookies!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Everyone's Favorite Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 C butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 C crunchy peanut butter using two different kinds of peanut butter is optional-I just think it adds a nice texture
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine your softened butter with your white and brown sugars and mix well. Add eggs and peanut butter and mix. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and flour and combine. Finally, mix in your chocolate chips.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet (I recommend using a Silpat mat).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (For my oven exactly 9 minutes is perfect.)
- Add more chocolate chips to the top after they come out if desired.
Enjoy your cookies! I hope you love this peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe! (And if you love these, here’s a fun Christmas version too!)
You Might Also Like: