What’s the Project? These chocolate Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies are soft, chewy, decadent, and AMAZING! Chocolate cookie base topped with peanut butter frosting, then crushed Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups-they are perfect cookies!
We interrupt our regularly scheduled Christmas posts because I got too caught up in Thanksgiving and didn’t get today’s post done.
But never fear, I have something up my sleeve that I have been saving for a special day.
It’s a cookie that true treat lovers are going to LOVE! These chocolate Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies are amazing! It’s a soft chocolate cookie topped with peanut butter frosting and sprinkled with Reese’s. Pretty amazing!
Really, this is a GOOD cookie! You’ll definitely want to try making this. Right?
Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Recipe:
I know you want to make these! They are so good! Here’s the recipe.
Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 C margarine 1 and a half sticks
- 2 C Nestle’s Semi Sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 1/2 C flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set them aside.
- In a large pan on the stove over medium-high heat, melt your brown sugar, water and margarine together and stir and continue to heat until it boils.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in your Nestle’s Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips. Mix until melted.
- Beat your eggs with a fork and then stir them into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir them in with a fork until completely combined. If your dough seems runny (and like you can’t make blobs with it) add a little bit more flour.
- Roll into large balls (see image below) and drop onto a cookie sheet (preferably with a Silpat mat). If you don’t have a Silpat mat make sure you have a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes. While they bake you can make your frosting. Scroll down for that recipe.
When your cookies come out of the oven, press them down gently with the bottom of a cup to form a flat cookie with a bit of a rim around the edges:
Now let’s make the frosting so that you can top them!
Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Frosting
- 3 sticks of butter
- 4-6 C powdered sugar
- 1 C peanut butter
- 1/4 C milk
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Note-the above ingredients can be modified a little. If your frosting seems dry, add a little more milk. If it seems too wet, add a little powdered sugar.
- Mix ingredients together until smooth. Put in a ziplock bag and snip off the corner. Pipe frosting onto a cookie and then spread with a knife. Sprinkle with crushed Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
- I hope you love these chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup cookies as much as I do! So yummy!
You Might Also Like: