What’s the Project? These chocolate salted caramel cookies are as good as it gets! The perfect chocolate chocolate chip cookie stuffed with caramel and sprinkled with salt. They are soft and chew and taste amazing!
Cookie making is my favorite! (In case you couldn’t tell from this crazy post.) And this just may be my new favorite cookie recipe!
I always make cookies using this base-it’s a chocolate chocolate chip cookie that is the perfect consistency.
But this one’s a step better! It’s a chocolate cookie with caramel stuffed inside and then sprinkled with salt. It’s soft and chewy and melty and chocolatey. All the right things in these Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies:
It’s a chocolate chocolate chip cookie that is really soft and chewy and then it has a caramel stuffed right inside. It’s perfect!
You want one now don’t you?
Chocolate Caramel Cookies:
Soft & Chewy Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies Recipe
- 1 C butter or 2 sticks softened or melted
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 1 package of caramels
- kosher salt-optional
- Cream butter and sugars. Add in cocoa and eggs and mix till combined. Add dry ingredients and mix then stir in chocolate chips.
- Unwrap the caramels. Roll a ball of dough about 1 to 1 1/2 inches big with 1 caramel in the middle of it.
- Sprinkle the cookie dough with kosher salt (optional).
- Bake for 9 minutes (give or take 1 minute but 9 minutes is exactly right in my oven) at 375 degrees on a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with a Silicone mat.
- Let these sit for a few minutes to cool, but eat them while they are warm so that the caramel is still gooey. If you aren't serving them right away, warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds before eating to soften the caramel.
So so so good! Right?! Who else wants one of these chocolate salted caramel cookies right now?
You Might Also Like: