What’s the Project? These triple chocolate and toffee chocolate chip cookies are above and beyond with white chips, chocolate chips, toffee bits, and a chocolate base. If you can stop from eating all the cookie dough (which is amazing) and actually bake these cookies, you’re going to be in heaven.
My family is a great lover of cookies (or to be honest, maybe cookie dough specifically with cookies being a close second). My mom was always baking cookies and my Granny before her. In fact, I like to believe I come from a long line of cookie makers.
But I admit, I used to be more of an ice cream person.
Somehow though, after I gave birth to my third son and came home to cookies that my mother-in-law had made, something flipped inside me and now it’s all cookies all the time. (And just for the record that was 14 years ago, so it doesn’t seem to be going away.)
I’ve got a favorite chocolate chocolate chip cookie base that I love to use for a lot of my favorite cookies and then I change up what I mix in them. And this one is a real favorite.
It’s got white chips, chocolate chips, toffee bits, and the chocolate cookie base. And they are amazing! I love these cookies! I can’t make them too often because I can’t stop eating them when I do. They are so good.
These chocolate chip cookies are an enhanced version of classic chocolate chip cookies are always a big hit when I bake them for friends. I love taking them to people, partly because I love making them and don’t want to eat them all. But I don’t think my friends mind sharing that burden. They are willing recipients.
These cookies are a perfect blend of flavors with three layers of chocolate (chocolate cookie dough base, white chips, and chocolate chips). When you add the toffee on top of that, it’s next level. And I am not kidding when I say that it’s hard to even get to the point of baking them because the cookie dough is so good. So eat the dough AND the cookies and it’s a win-win! Right?
This is a soft and chewy cookie with a slightly crunchy outside. I think you’re going to love them!
And they are easy to make because the dough doesn’t have to chill or anything first. You can just bake them from room temperature.
I’m making myself hungry just talking about these.
And if you’re a chocolate cookie lover like I am, here’s a peek at some of the other cookies I make using this base recipe. They are all made with the same chocolate cookie dough but have different ingredients inside of it:
You can make all of those (and others) using this chocolate cookie recipe and I think you will love them all! I’m a huge fan of the Milky Way ones myself.
Before we make these cookies, here are some tips that I use when I am baking these and other cookies:
- When I make cookies, I melt the butter. Even when the recipe doesn’t call for this. You can choose to do this or not, but the reason that I do is that it helps dissolve the sugar and makes them even softer and chewier. You’ve got to be careful when you do this that you don’t make the dough too runny.
- In addition to that, I add a couple of tablespoons of milk when I bake these cookies. This also will make them extra soft BUT, if you do this, you’ve got to compensate with a couple of tablespoons more of all-purpose flour.
- Make sure you watch them closely when you bake them (or know your oven well and how long it takes). You don’t want to overbake them or they will be dry. I used to know that my oven was exactly 9 minutes for baking cookies, but I’ve got a new one now and it takes me some work to try to figure out how long. Now it’s closer to 10-11 for most for me. Get to know your oven and keep a close eye on them.
- I use a convection oven for these and it works GREAT! If you have that option, I recommend using it. (My oven is a double oven and part is convection and part is normal, so I choose convection for these.)
Now, are you ready to make some AMAZING cookies? Let’s get making these.
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies REcipe with Toffee Bits:
Ready to make these amazing cookies? Here’s the recipe:
Triple Chocolate & Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 C butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C white chips
- 3/4 C chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet, whichever you prefer)
- 3/4 C toffee bits (heath or skor or whatever ones you can find on the baking row)
- With an electric mixer, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl starting with butter and sugars. Make these and then add in eggs and cocoa. Add vanilla extract as well.
- If the dough is too runny add just a little flour. The dough should form balls but just barely. You don't want it too thick.
- Use a cookie scoop or your hands to roll cookie dough balls about 1.5 inches big and place on a baking sheet. Ideally, use a silicon mat to bake them on as it makes them stay soft on the bottom as well and helps prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Add dry ingredients—salt, baking soda, then flour, and to finish, stir in the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8-11 minutes (9 minutes is perfect on my oven-yours may need a minute or two longer or shorter).
- If the cookies come out mounded, gently press them down a little while they are still hot. You can also add in more chips on the top at the end if you want them to look extra enticing.
- Allow them to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Devour. 🙂
Don’t you want to just take a big bite of that triple chocolate & toffee chip cookies? Make them. Then thank me. You’re going to love them.
You Might Also Like:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
These look delicious! On my to do list! 🙂
Peg H says
Oh MY. You really should be ashamed of yourself. Posting this recipe and that mouth-watering picture? I’m a goner. These will be in my belly before the end of this week …. Yummm! Thank you. I think. 😉
Mmmm, you’ll thank me! 🙂