What’s the Project? These chocolate peanut butter sandwich cookies will make you drool! Soft and chewy chocolate cookies with peanut buttercream frosting sandwiched in the middle. You’re going to love them!
This recipe really needs no introduction.
Did you see what I said in the title? Chocolate meets peanut butter in a soft, chewy sandwich cookie. What more do I need to say?
Do I need to hint that you want to make these?
That they are one of the most amazing cookies I have ever put in my mouth? That they are easy to make and will wow all your friends? I didn’t think so. You already know all of that, right?
For real-I knew these things would be good. I baked them, frosted them and photographed them, THEN I took my first bite. And swooned. So very good.
They are actually based off an old family recipe, but that one had mint frosting. (Which is also unbelievably amazing!) But I wondered what it would be like to try it with peanut butter. And it was a good choice. Next, I think I might try a salted caramel version.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies Recipe:
I think you’re going to love this recipe! Ready to make it?Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 C margarine (1 and a half sticks)
- 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 C flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set them aside.
- In a large pan on the stove over medium high heat, melt the brown sugar, water and margarine together and stir and heat until it boils.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the chocolate chips. Mix until melted.
- Beat your eggs with a fork and then stir them into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir them in until completely combined.
- Roll into one inch balls and drop onto a cookie sheet (preferably with a Silpat mat). If you don’t have a Silpat mat make sure you have a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes. Cookie should be just starting to have cracks in it.
- Use a ziploc bag full of your frosting to squeeze about a Tablespoon onto a cookie. Sandwich with another cookie.
- Then eat!
Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe:
- 3 sticks of butter
- 4-6 C powdered sugar
- 1 C peanut butter
- 1/4 C milk
Note-the above ingredients can be modified a little. If your frosting seems dry, add a little more milk. If it seems too wet, add a little powdered sugar.
Mix ingredients together until smooth. Put in a ziplock bag and snip off the corner. Pipe 1 Tablespoon onto a cookie and place another cookie on top and press down lightly to spread the frosting.
These chocolate peanut butter sandwich cookies are so good! Enjoy!
You Might Also Like: