What’s the Project? These 4th of July cookies are not only easy to make, but they also taste AMAZING! Your family and friends will love them and you’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make them. Win-win!
Every year as the 4th of July draws near, I get big plans to make ALL the red, white and blue things-party decorations, fun foods, everything to make our holiday so festive. And inevitably I never have time to do all of the cute patriotic things that we could do for America’s birthday.
That’s why I love this 4th of July cookies recipe-it’s SO simple to make! All you need is a cake mix and a handful of ingredients and you can whip these up in under 30 minutes. And not only do they look cute, they taste AMAZING!
Here are some cute 4th of July cookies to make this year:
Doesn’t that make you so excited for all things red, white, and blue?!
Want some other fun red, white and blue patriotic party food? Try these:
And seriously-they are so easy to make! Let’s do it!
4th of July Cookies Recipe:
4th of July Cookies
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 stick butter (1/2 C) softened
- 1 egg
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
- food coloring for frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your cake mix, butter, and egg and mix till it forms a ball of dough.
- Add your sprinkles and mix them in.
- Roll small balls (about 1 inch) onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Gently press them down when they come out of the oven so that they are pretty flat.
- While they cool, grab your frosting and divide it into 3 bowls. Color one red, one blue and leave one white.
- Pipe some frosting onto cookies (we use a Ziploc bag with frosting in it and just snip off one corner, then squeeze).
- Top with a second cookie and you're all set!
These cookies will be so much fun to serve on the 4th of July or another American holiday you want to celebrate!
Leave a Reply