What’s the Project? Need an easy dessert to serve for a patriotic holiday? These red, white, and blue muddy buddies are easy to make, taste great, and are so festive for Independence Day or Memorial Day or to celebrate your country.
In America, on the 4th of July we all sit outside and eat lots of food. And I love it SO much!
I love being with family and friends outside on a summer night and watching fireworks and celebrating together.
But you know what makes it even better?! Having great treats to munch on while you wait for the big show.
I am a huge fan of muddy buddies of all kinds, so I wanted to try a patriotic version to celebrate the 4th. But I also realized that these would be good in America for Memorial Day or you could make them whereve you are to celebrate your country in whatever colors work there!
And the best part is that these red, white and blue muddy buddies (or whatever color you make) are super easy!
Red, White, and Blue Muddy Buddies
- 12 C Rice Chex
- 1 C each of red, white and blue melting chocolates
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 C cake mix french vanilla or something similar (white or yellow will do)
- You’ll need to make each of these in separate bowls and then mix them at the end.
- For each of the three colors, pour 4 cups of Rice Chex into a bowl.
- Prepare a half cup of powdered sugar and a half cup of cake mix and set aside.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate in your microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Pour on your cereal and stir it around until evenly coated.
- Once it’s coated, pour your powdered sugar and cake mix on and mix that around until combined.
- Once you’ve done this with all three colors, mix them all together.
And you’re all set! Easy and cute. Hopefully, this is a huge hit at your celebrations!
Enjoy eating these red, white, and blue muddy buddies!
You Might Also Like: