What’s the Project? These red velvet cookies are super easy to make, look pretty and elegant and make the perfect Valentine’s Day cookies. You’ll be amazed at how simple they are yet how great they taste.
Does anyone else feel like holidays can be INSANE when you are a parent? Even the smaller ones like Valentine’s Day get crazy! There’s always something to do and someone to do something nice for.
If you want to do something sweet for your kids or your sweetie on Valentine’s Day, these red velvet whoopie pies are a great Valentine’s Day cookie that makes a wonderful treat. They look so pretty, they are super simple to make (just uses a cake mix and 3 more ingredients) and they taste fantastic!
Aren’t they pretty?! They’re simple too-only 4 ingredients needed to make these and they are sure to impress your kids or your hubby or whoever you want to make them for!
I want to eat one right now. They are so good and so pretty. Let’s make them.
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies:
Red Velvet Cookies for Valentine's Day
- 1 red velvet cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter softened
- cream cheese or vanilla frosting whichever you prefer
- small cookie cutters
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your cake mix, margarine and egg with an electric mixer till well mixed.
- Roll into balls that are about an inch and a half in size. Place them on a cookie sheet, gently press them down so that they are slightly flattened.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Allow them to cool.
- Once they are cool go ahead and cut shapes into the cookies-just one side of each cookie.
- Frost with cream cheese or vanilla frosting (use your favorite recipe or keep it simple and use store bought). Then sandwich the cookies.
How to Sandwich the Cookies:
Here’s a peek at the cutting out the shapes part:
Now, take a small cookie cutter and cut the center out of one of your cookies:
Frost another cookie:
Then sandwich them:
And you’re all set with some perfect red velvet cookies for Valentine’s Day!
You Might Also Like: