What’s the Project? These cherry chip cookies are so easy to make (only 4 ingredients needed) and they taste AMAZING! Two cookies sandwiched together with pink or white frosting makes a cute, sweet treat! Great for Valentine’s Day
One bite into a cherry chip cake and I’m thrown straight back to my childhood and left asking “how can I get more cherry chip in my life?”
Three ingredients to make these cherry chip cookies, then sandwiched with frosting in the middle, creating a soft, chewy whoopie pie style cookie that calls my name loud and clear seems like not only the perfect excuse to eat more cherry chip, but also like a perfect Valentine’s treat! Although I’d eat these any time of the year.
Now, I have some friends who have been living under a rock and hadn’t tried Cherry Chip until I made these, and that’s missing out on a wonderful part of life. Any other rock dwellers out there who haven’t tried Cherry Chip? If so, it’s time to try it!
You won’t be able to find this cake mix at all stores, but most grocery stores will have it and it’s worth the hunt!
Cherry Chip Cookies Recipe:
Cherry Chip Cookies
- 1 cherry chip cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter softened (this is equal to 1/2 C)
- frosting (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your cake mix, egg and butter and stir until well mixed. (Electric beater works best.)
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Flatten slightly if needed when they come out.
- Allow them to cool.
- When they are cooled, pipe your frosting onto one cookie and then sandwich it with another.
Oh how I love these cookies! They are so good and don’t they look so cute?! Valentine’s Day is the best for fun things like this.
Enjoy making these cherry chip cookies!
You Might Also Like: