What’s the Project? Make these cute and easy Christmas tree cupcakes with your kids this year. They will love decorating the little trees and celebrating the holidays with you on this fun project.
My kids love being in the kitchen with me making something fun. And I love having them in there. It’s one of the best parts about being a mom for me.
And the holidays are of course a time that we REALLY love doing this kind of thing.
If you’re like me and love cooking with your kids or grandkids, this is a fun project to make for the holidays. They are cute little Christmas tree cupcakes that are simple to make and decorate and turn out really cute!
I’m seriously a sucker for the cute little edible eyes. They make such a fun addition to any treat and I can’t stop using them to make fun cupcakes. (Like these cute reindeer cupcakes too.)
But if you like it simple without eyes, you can do that too!
Either way you prefer it, here’s how to make them.
Cute Christmas Tree Cupcakes:
- Cupcakes (you can make any type or even get store-bought, but my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe is below)
- Green frosting (I just bought store-bought pre-colored green but you can also make your own and I will post a recipe for that as well)
- Mini M&Ms
- Ziploc bag (gallon size)
- Green Cupcake liners
- Edible eyes (optional-get them in the baking section near the sprinkles)
Here’s the chocolate cupcake recipe.
Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- 1 devil's food cake mix
- 1 large (5.6 oz) chocolate pudding mix
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 C sour cream
- 1/2 C water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients with an electric mixer. Batter will be pretty thick.
- Scoop into 24 cupcakes liners.
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes-just until they bounce back to the touch.
- Allow to cool.
- Put your green frosting (see recipe below) into a Ziploc bag and snip off one corner. Starting in the center of the cupcake, swirl moving from the inside to the out and then moving upwards until you come to a point at the top.
- While the frosting is still soft, add mini M&Ms to the tree as ornaments (this is a great part for the kids to do). Put a yellow one at the top for a star. Add eyes if you want.
If you want to make your own frosting, here’s a great recipe:
Green Buttercream Frosting:
Beat butter, powdered sugar, and milk. If it seems too thick, add a tiny bit more milk. Too runny? Add a little more powdered sugar. You will want it fairly thick in order for the trees to stand up well.
And that’s it! You’ve got cute Christmas tree cupcakes! Enjoy making them with your kids.
You Might Also Like:
Leave a Reply