What’s the Project? These double chocolate mint Christmas cookies are soft, chewy, and filled with holiday M&Ms. A favorite Christmas cookie that your friends and family are going to love!
When my oldest was about 6 months old, I plopped him in a bouncy chair, turned on the Christmas music, and we “baked cookies together.” He had no idea what we were doing, but it was a dream of mine to bake with my kiddos and this was my first big chance. I loved it then, I pretended he loved it, and I’ve done it every year since (only he’s no longer in the bouncy chair). I love having my boys in the kitchen with me.
Yesterday I made 6 different types of cookies-some of our holiday favorites to gobble all through the season. Chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, coconut. Each of my kids has a different favorite and we love to have the variety.
These double chocolate mint M&M Christmas cookies are perfect for the holidays when you throw in red and green M&Ms. They are a huge favorite around here.
They are soft and chewy chocolate cookies with peppermint flavoring in them and chocolate chips and Christmas M&Ms all through. They are a perfect Christmas treat!
We love to use them as neighbor gifts as well because our neighbors go crazy for them.
Let’s make them!
Chocolate Mint M&M Christmas cookies:
Put on some Christmas music, grab your kids or grandkids, and bake up a storm!
Chocolate Mint M&M Christmas Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tsp peppermint extract (add half a teaspoon more if you love mint)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 C Christmas M&Ms I usually get the plain kind but you can do mint if you want it really minty
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sugars and butter (I prefer to melt my butter at least until it is very soft first) and mix well. Add eggs and cocoa and mix again. Add salt, soda, peppermint extract, and flour. Then add your Christmas M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1.5 inch balls and bake for 9-11 minutes. (You want them soft and chewy so don't over bake.)
- And you will have wonderful cookies!
These double chocolate mint cookies really are a favorite for Christmas at our house. Actually, the truth is that we love them year-round. We just don’t add the holiday M&Ms and they are great anytime! I hope you love them too!
You Might Also Like: