What’s the Project? These soft and chocolately Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies are a peanut butter lover’s dream come true. A chewy chocolate cookie with bits of those delicious little morsels mixed all throughout-you’re going to love these!
I love chocolate. I love peanut butter. I love cookies. So you can imagine how I feel about this recipe.
Chocolate Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies…a chocolate cookie filled with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and chocolate chips inside.
They are amazing!
These are made using one of my very favorite cookie dough recipes. It’s a chocolate base that you can add anything to (and believe me, I have). You might also want to check out the triple chocolate with toffee cookies, the Milky Way cookies, or the salted caramel ones.
Whichever you choose, they’ll be a hit. I know this because I make them all the time and they are always popular with friends and family. And myself.
And the dough is really good too….are you a dough eater?
Anyway, let’s take a look at the recipe for these so you can get making them!
Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies:
Chocolate Reese's Cookies
- 1 C butter
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 10-12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 C chocolate chips optional
- Freeze your Reese's cups for at least a few minutes while you make the rest.
- Combine the ingredients just like you would for any cookies. Mix all of the ingredients together starting with butter and sugars, then adding in eggs and cocoa. Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them in.
- Chop the Reese's cups into quarters and toss them in.
- Mix for just a few seconds-just enough to mix them through but not to thoroughly mix them in. You don't want them to break completely apart if you can help it.
- Roll into balls about 1 inch in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. You want them baked but only just-not overdone. In my oven 9 minutes is just right. Yours may vary.
That’s it! Then dig in to these bad boys and see what you think!
I just made these the other day and I loved how they turned out. I took them to a party and the people there raved over them too. So I guess they were a success. I mean-who doesn’t love a peanut butter and chocolate cookie? Add Reese’s and you’ve got a real winner!
I hope these are a big hit in your home. And just a note, they freeze very well too so feel free to make them ahead and eat them later.
You Might Also Like: