What’s the Project? Forget the old version of Uno, this one is way more fun! Learn how to play Spicy Uno with these crazy, fun rules and you’ll never go back to the old way and your family game nights will be so much fun!
Every year over New Year’s Eve my family and I head to Southern Utah for a few days to decompress and spend time together after the crazy rush of the holiday season. It’s literally my favorite time of the year. I love it!
This year my little brother and his then-girlfriend (now fianceé) came with us and she taught us how to play Spicy Uno. None of us had played it before and we couldn’t believe how much fun it was. We played it for hours and laughed and had a blast. Since then, we play it all the time for family game nights. It’s become our new favorite and what I really love about it is that all of us can play. Even my 7-year-old does pretty well!
If your family game nights needs a little more fun in it, you’ve got to try this fun and wacky version of Uno. We are calling it Spicy Uno here but we’ve also heard it called Wild Uno or Jungle Uno. Whatever you call it, it’s fun!
Have you played this? Or do you have a fun version of your own? Here’s how we play!
How to Play Spicy Uno:
To play this, a lot of the rules will be the same as normal Uno rules. You’ll deal 7 cards to each player to start, you’ll go around in a circle playing your cards that either match the color or the number played before it. Brush up on regular Uno rules first if you need to.
Here are the rules that make this different:
- If anyone plays a 6, everyone must slap the deck. The last person to slap must take 2 cards.
- If anyone plays a 7, everyone must be silent. Anyone who speaks must take 1 card. This continues until another 7 is played and then people can talk again. If it’s silent and you get Uno, raise one finger to indicate Uno instead of saying it out loud.
- If a 0 is played, that person may swap hands with another player. (This is optional.)
- If a +2 (Draw 2) is played, the next player doesn’t have to draw 2 cards if they have a +2 card they can play on top of it. If they play a +2 card, the next player must then draw 4, unless they also have a +2 card which they can the play. This continues until someone doesn’t have a +2 card to play and they must then draw all the cards. (ie. 8 if four +2 cards were played). Other players can offer the current player a card to play (face down so they can’t see it) to play if they’d like. They may be bluffing and passing a random card the player doesn’t need or they might have a +2 card that the player can play. That player can choose to take that card or not.
- The above rule also applies for Wild Draw 4 cards.
- When any card is played, if you have the exact same card in your hand, you can play it right then, even if it’s not your turn, as long as you get it on top of the pile before the next player plays. Play then resumes with the player next to the player who just played the card.
There you go! That’s all you need to know. It might seem like a lot of rules to remember right now, but it will come pretty easily once you get going!
Have fun playing Spicy Uno!
You Might Also Like:
30 Activities to do with Kids at Home:
Leave a Reply