What’s the Project? These coconut muddy buddies are so good you won’t be able to stop eating them! White chocolate drizzled on your Chex mix with powdered sugar, coconut extract, and marshmallows-it’s a perfect snack combination!
These Coconut Muddy Buddies are a MUST try!! Seriously, absolutely delicious!
They are a twist on the traditional Muddy Buddy (or Puppy Chow) recipe. Instead of peanut butter and chocolate (which is also yummy), these have white chocolate and coconut extract. This idea came to me on the baking aisle, while surrounded with all things baking, and I knew it would be absolutely delicious.
So if you’re a coconut lover, get ready for something amazing!
I added marshmallows, Sixlets (for color-this is optional), and coconut, just to give them some texture.
And because I love to make everything into a gift idea, I put these in a jar and added a bow! You will be a star if you show up with this in hand.
Let’s make these coconut muddy buddies!
Coconut Muddy Buddies
- 9 C Rice Chex
- 2 C white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut extract add more to taste if desired
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1-2 C mini marshmallows
- sixlets optional, just to add some fun color
- shredded coconut also optional
- Pour your Rice Chex into a large bowl.
- Melt your white chocolate. This part is tricky because white chocolate can be finicky. Make sure to stir often whether you are doing it in the microwave or on the stove. Heat and mix till melted.
- Pour your white chocolate mixture over it and stir till it’s covering the Chex evenly.
- Add in your coconut extract, pouring it over the mixture.
- Sprinkle on your powdered sugar and mix till it covers the Chex.
- Sprinkle on mini marshmallows, Sixlets, and shredded coconut to taste.
And then eat up!
I hope you love these coconut muddy buddies as much as I do!
You Might Also Like: