What’s the Project? These Almond Joy cookies feature a soft chocolate cookie topped with coconut frosting, then sprinkled with coconut and almond slices-they taste amazing! You’re going to love this fabulous cookie recipe!
It’s baking time again and it’s another good one! I took one of my favorite chocolate cookie recipes and added coconut frosting, a sprinkling of slivered almonds and topped it with shredded coconut.
Who else loves coconut and chocolate together!! It tastes great!
These Almond Joy cookies are something you’re going to love!
I never realize how much I love coconut until I eat something like this! It’s a perfect chocolate/coconut combination! Want to make some?
Almond Joy Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 C margarine 1 and a half sticks
- 2 C Nestle’s Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 1/2 C flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set them aside.
- In a large pan on the stove over medium-high heat, melt your brown sugar, water and margarine together and stir and continue to heat until it boils.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in your Nestle’s Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips. Mix until melted.
- Beat your eggs with a fork and then stir them into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir them in with a fork until completely combined. If your dough seems runny (and like you can’t make blobs with it) add a little bit more flour.
- Roll into large balls (see image below) and drop onto a cookie sheet (preferably with a Silpat mat). If you don’t have a Silpat mat make sure you have a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes. While they bake you can make your caramel sauce and frosting. Scroll down for that recipe.
When your cookies come out of the oven, press them down gently with the bottom of a cup to form a flat cookie with a bit of a rim around the edges:
Coconut Frosting Recipe
- 3 sticks softened butter
- 4-6 C powdered sugar
- About 1/3 C milk
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- Coconut for sprinkling
- Whole Almonds
- Beat butter until smooth. Add milk and powdered sugar. Begin with 4 C of powdered sugar and add more as needed to reach desired consistency. (Should be fairly thick but not so thick that you won’t be able to squeeze it out of a piping bag to frost.) Add coconut extract and mix in thoroughly.
- Spoon frosting into a Ziploc bag, snip off one corner and pipe into center of cookie. Spread a little with a knife.
Sprinkle with slivered almonds and coconut.
Then take a big bite!
Hope you love these Almond Joy cookies!
You Might Also Like:
Leave a Reply