Happy September 1st! It’s September now and do you know what that means?! It’s National Sewing Month. Did you know that? You can imagine that we are going to have some serious fun with that this month! In fact, here’s a little bit about what to expect:
- The Sew Crazy Challenge (of course)
- Sewing Quick Tips every Tuesday in September
- Giveaways every Thursday in September
- and….because it’s Fall and that’s when the baking gets good, we’re going to throw some baking in there too!
Which brings me to the theme of this month’s challenge:
In the Kitchen
This month let’s get busy with the sewing machines but let’s also enjoy everyone’s favorite room in the house, the kitchen. Seriously, when the weather turns a little chilly I just want to bake. Or make warm dinners. Or just be in the kitchen. Are you like that too? I hope so, because this month I want you to sew something you can use in the kitchen!
September Sew Crazy Challenge: In the Kitchen-
Project Option #1: If there is one thing I LOVE to sew, it’s aprons! I have like 10! And I’ve made most of them. My latest apron creation will be on the blog Wednesday. It’s fun to make and turns out so cute! Watch for this Wednesday. If you want to get shopping so you will be ready, plan to get about a yard of 2 fabrics-one for the front and one for the back, and about 1 yard of coordinating ribbon for the bow:
Project Option #2: This is my old standby apron. This is the one that I have a million of! It’s the cutest apron. Make it for any holiday. Make it for kids. Make it for yourself. It’s fantastic! Get the tutorial here:
Project Option #3: Want something a little quicker? How about an oven mitt? Here’s a tutorial for a classic mitt or a heart shaped mitt:
Other Project Options: Sew up anything that works in your kitchen! This could be a table cloth, napkins, place mats, a table runner, curtains, whatever works for you!
Here’s a quick run down of how this challenge works for those who are new:
- Once you have sewn your project, post it somewhere for the world to see! Show that baby off! Post it on facebook, instagram, twitter, google plus, your blog, wherever you want. Tag @CrazyLittleProjects and use the hashtag #SewCrazyChallenge so that I can see your projects and other readers can too.
- Or you can email me your project at amber at crazylittleprojects.com
- We have a private facebook group that you are welcome to join to share your projects and see what others have done. But…I sort of broke it recently and can’t fix it. So the only want to join it now is to send me your email address and I can send you an invite. Just email me at amber at crazylittleprojects.com and I will get you added.
- Enter the giveaway below to win this moth’s big fat prize pack! There are a few entries you can do now and some you will need to do after you sew your project. PLEASE COME BACK AND ENTER. Posting your project online somewhere is just for fun. It is not your entry. You must come back and enter on the rafflecopter below to be officially entered.
- I would love it if you subscribed to the blog by email so that I know that you are receiving all of the updates on the series. Sign up at the top of this page.
- You can also follow me on facebook, pinterest, twitter, instagram, and google plus, but none of these guarantee that you will see ALL of the updates.
- Have fun!! And tell your friends. Let’s have fun with this.
This month I am giving away 3 $50 gift cards to the fabric store of your choice! Three winners will get to let me know where they want their gift card to and I will send it!
Need advice for good stores to choose from? I love The Ribbon Retreat and Stitch Stash Diva online. If you want some great home decor fabric, try Online Fabric Store. Or locally I love Hobby Lobby and I know you all LOVE Joann! But anything you choose is fine!