What’s the Project? These Nutella cupcakes feature a soft and wonderful chocolate cupcake and are topped with Nutella frosting swirled with vanilla buttercream for a perfect cupcake experience!
One of my kid’s favorite things to have for breakfast is what they call Chocolate Toast. I think they learned this breakfast from their cousins and they love it!
It’s toast spread with Nutella and then topped with sprinkles. I mean, come on! Who doesn’t want to start the day out with Nutella and sprinkles?!
Are you a Nutella lover? I know there are tons of you out there who can’t resist Nutella. But have you ever had a Nutella cupcake? If you love Nutella, you are going to LOVE this! And it’s so simple to make. I promise.
Check out these Nutella Cupcakes. A chocolate cupcake swirled with Nutella and buttercream frosting.
Plus they just look fun don’t they with that swirl of two colors on top?! They look pretty irresistible!
If you love this recipe, you’re also going to love these:
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Yummy Donut Cone Recipe
Nutella Cupcakes Recipe:
These really are very easy to make! They have a cake mix base-just made a little differently to make it taste amazing. But it’s very simple and you’re going to love them!
Easy and Amazing Nutella Cupcakes
- 1 Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 5.9 oz. box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 C vegetable oil
- ½ C water
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Ziploc bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the above ingredients (other than the Ziploc bag and Nutella) and mix until smooth. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes (err on the side of shorter-I do 18 minutes exactly but it will depend on your oven).
- Allow your cupcakes to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes cool, make your buttercream frosting (recipe below).
Now, with your Ziploc bag you are going to spoon some of your buttercream in on one side and your Nutella in on the other like this:
- Snip off the corner tip of the bag and then pipe it onto your cupcake in a swirling motion.
Buttercream Frosting Recipe:
Frost with butter cream frosting:
- 3 sticks of softened butter
- 4-6 C powdered sugar
- About 1/3 cup of milk
Combine until well mixed. Add more milk if too thick, more powdered sugar if too runny.
That’s it! How are they?
I hope you love these Nutella cupcakes!
You Might Also Like:
this is so cool can you email me when you post something new.
Mmmm! these cupcakes look delicious and I hope they will taste good when I bake them for a party!!
But where can I buy the devil’s food cake mix in a Canadian store?
Any chocolate should work.
I made these to take to work for a coworker’s birthday. They were simply amazing! Everyone loved them and they were really beautiful and quite impressive! I’ll definitely be making them again! They’re absolutely delicious! 😋
Oh good! Love to hear that!
Going to try these Thursday for Book club, can’t wait!!
Thanks a lot. I download variety of things such as recipes and teaching kids. It’s amazing to me how you prepare all those things and share with others.