What’s the Project? These strawberry shortcake cupcakes are a perfect dessert for any Spring or Summer occasion! So easy to make, they look so pretty and they taste AMAZING! A fabulous cupcake recipe.
I just can’t stop making cupcakes! They’re fun, they’re pretty, they taste great and they make people happy!
When I made these Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes I delivered them to several friends in my neighborhood and they were a hit. It’s fun to make people smile with a nice treat. I also thought these would make a great Spring or Summer dessert.
And guess what? They are really easy to make. It’s just a cake mix recipe that’s fancied up a little.
I simply made a great white cupcake base they layered strawberries and whipped cream. And done!
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes Recipe:
Super Simple & Amazing Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 large box vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 C water
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1 large package strawberries
- 1/3 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon into 22-24 cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, give or take a minute. (In my oven it's exactly 18.)
- Allow these to cool. While they cool whip your cream. Put it in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it becomes thick.
- Add 1/3 C powdered sugar and mix it in.
- Slice half of your strawberries into thin slices.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, spoon some of your whipped cream into a Ziploc and snip off one corner.
- Pipe a small layer of whipped cream onto the top of a cupcake.
Place about 4-5 slices of strawberry on it:
- Then pipe more whipped cream on top in a spiral pattern and stick a full strawberry on top!
And eat up!
Enjoy these amazing strawberry shortcake cupcakes! They are perfect!
You Might Also Like:
Lemon Raspberry Trifle:
Shan Tay says
Hi. Was this supposed to be the 3.4 oz box of pudding or the larger box?
Hey there! I made a slight adjustment. I took the center of the cupcake out and filled it with strawberry + strawberry glaze filling. It was the best cupcake recipe I have ever tried! Thank you for sharing!!
I made these last night and they were beautiful and delicious! The cream is left off your ingredient list, but I figured it out. My cupcakes fell in the center, I’m pretty sure it’s because I over mixed my batter. Do you use your mixer or just a whisk? They were great and my dinner guests where impressed when I brought them out. Thank you!
I use a mixer-weird that they fell!
sharon S says
You wrote 1 quart but nothing after it – think it is whipping cream ?
Whoops! I’ll get that fixed and yes, whipping cream.
Christine Liken says
Hi, this looks divine but what is the pudding mix as I’ve never heard of it.
Skip it if you don’t have it. It will still turn out good.
Carole bas says
justlovely!!! can’t wait to try these when my little granddaughter comes to visit!!!
Shelia Green says
In the ingredients list the eighth ingredient says 1 quart. Would you pleas elaborate on 1 quart of what?
I would like to ty this yummy looking recipe.
Fixed it! Whipping Cream. 🙂
Directions show a quart of “what”??
Sorry! I am a dork but it’s fixed now. It’s whipping cream.