What’s the Project? This chapstick keychain holder pattern is super quick and easy to sew and fits right on your keychain so you will always have your chapstick with you. These make great gifts and are a fun beginner sewing project to try!
I’ve enjoyed giving you very quick and easy sewing projects to try lately. Sometimes you want to sit and sew something and don’t have a lot of time. Plus, it’s fun to just sit down and get a project done from start to finish in a short amount of time, right?!
This one is so fast you won’t believe it! Anyone with basic beginner sewing skills should be able to do this too, which is nice. It could even be great for kids or teens to sew.
It’s a keychain chapstick holder pattern and I think you’re going to love it!
Keep this handy thing on your keychain so that your chapstick or lip balm or lipstick is always ready for you!
Lots of my readers have said they make this as a gift like a stocking stuffer or for something like teacher appreciation. You can make a bunch of these fast and it’s a great scrap fabric project too!
Be sure when you make this that you know what type of chapstick you’re going to be using in it, because they do vary in size and you’re going to want to plan accordingly for that. It’s totally customizable to whatever size you want to make. Here’s the pattern:
Chapstick Keychain Holder Pattern
- 1 Small scrap of fabric
- 1 Key chain ring (get these at a craft store or online)
- 1 Tube of chapstick
- Start by cutting your fabric. You just need one piece. Cut it about 3 1/2 inches wide and 9 inches long. *Alter this is if your chapstick is different than standard size.
- Fold it in half with right sides together and sew up the long side.
- Turn it right side out and press it flat with the seam on one side.
- Hem one edge by folding it under about 1/2 inch, pressing it flat, folding it under 1/2 inch again, pressing it flat then stitching across that spot.
- Flip it over so that you are working on the other side. Hem the other end. Then, fold it up a couple of inches so that there is just an inch or two left at the top.
- Sew up both sides of the part that you just folded up. This photo shows the back view.
- Thread your top hem through your key ring and you're done!
I hope you loved sewing this chapstick holder keychain!
You Might Also Like: