This is sort of a big deal and not something I necessarily ever thought I would be announcing on my blog…but Crazy Little Projects is officially hiring!
I love blogging. So very much. So much so that I started a second blog. Which has earned me plenty of strange looks and questions about why I would start a second blog. There’s a lot behind that, but I felt very good about the decision for this second blog and have some big dreams about where it is going, but in the meantime I don’t want Crazy Little Projects to die because it’s my baby and I love it. But, it turns out that it is harder to keep up with two blogs than I thought it would be.
And the truth is that most bloggers reach this point-where the blog has passed a point where they need help running it. Which is a GREAT thing! And I am there. Well, truthfully I was probably there several years ago and I dragged my feet a little. I need help!
So, I am hiring. For several positions. And I’d like to tell you about them today. Want to apply? I’d love for you to! Know someone else who is a great fit? Send them my way please! I really hope to find a few really great people to work with!
Here’s the low down. I need to find someone to work as a blog assistant more me (details below) and a couple of people to work as sewing contributors for my blog (details also below).
*Update* This position has been filled. Thank you all SO much for being so awesome!
Job Title: Blog Assistant
Overview of Job: Assisting me in basic administrative and social media tasks each week. The behind the scenes type stuff that keeps a blog running.
Location: You can do this from your own home! You’ll just need a computer and internet access.
Hours: I expect this to be approximately 5 hours a week (it’s going to take a little testing to figure this out for sure) and you can work any hours of the day that work for you.
Compensation: About $100 a week (we’ll work this out as we figure out the schedule and hours per week)
Starting Date: November 2016
What It Involves: Basically I need someone to help me maintain all the little things that go on behind the scenes to keep this blog running. Truthfully it’s going to take a little time and testing to see exactly how this goes and what I need done, but here’s a list of some of the things I would like help with:
- Scheduling Facebook shares from the Crazy Little Projects page each day
- Pinning quality content on the Crazy Little Projects Pinterest page each day
- Some other small social media tasks like Twitter and Google Plus
- Creating a monthly roundup post (I’ll choose the topic, you do the rest of the work)
- Cleaning up and updating some old posts and graphics
- Helping me respond to reader’s comments
That’s the basics.
Qualifications: In order to successfully do this job, here are some of the skills you would need:
- Be Organized and Reliable
- Computer skills that will allow you to work comfortably with social media scheduling and pinning and basic tasks.
- Ability to create collage images with text and graphics in an online photo editing program (some training on this can be given if needed)
- *This is not a requirement but would be something I would love-some background or experience in any of the tasks mentioned or in online marketing or blogging of any kind
To Apply: Interested in this position? Here’s what I need you to do. Please send me an email to email@example.com with the subject Blog Assistant with your answers to the following questions:
Tell me a little bit about yourself.
What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position?
What 3 things would make you good at this job?
What 3 words would someone very close to you use to describe you?
Why do you want this position?
What else would you like me to know about you in applying for this position?
Notes: This position is now open. I will be receiving applications immediately and will close the application process as soon as I find someone that is a good fit.
*Update*-This position is filled.
Job Title: Crazy Little Projects Sewing Contributor
Overview of Job: Provide 1 sewing tutorial each month for Crazy Little Projects.
Location: You can do this from wherever you live! Everything can be done virtually for this position.
Compensation: $250 per post (possible extra compensation for videos within the tutorial)
Starting Date: Sometime between November-January (I can be flexible on this)
Duration: Commit to one year of posts (could last longer).
What It Involves:
- Provide one post each month to Crazy Little Projects that is EITHER a sewing tutorial or a sewing technique/tip
- The month prior to posting you will submit 3 ideas to Crazy Little Projects for your project for the upcoming month. Crazy Little Projects will determine which of the 3 is the best fit for the blog and will give approval for that project.
- You create, photograph, and write up the entire tutorial describing step by step techniques (with pictures or video) and including pattern/measurements/etc. as needed.
- You are available to answer readers questions about the tutorial as they come up.
- Post MUST be exclusive to Crazy Little Projects. It needs to be a new project that hasn’t been done before and that you won’t post on any other blogs or websites.
Requirements for Position:
- Sewing skills and techniques that you can describe in a clear and understandable way and share with Crazy Little Projects readers
- Amazing photography is a MUST. Each post will need clear, bright, pretty pictures of the final project. At least 1 vertical final shot, at least one horizontal final shot and step by step images of the sewing process.
- You do NOT need to be a blogger to fill this position. You CAN be a blogger, but it’s not a requirement. (If you are a blogger, I will also help promote your blog on my social media channels each month in addition to your monetary compensation.)
To Apply: Interested in this position? Here’s what I need you to do.
- Please answer the questions below and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include with your email 3 photographs as samples of your work and the photography you are capable of to show off the final product. These photos should look like what you would submit as a final project photo.
- For one of these 3 photos please write it as a mock blog post-showing that you can write a blog post with step by step instructions just as you would if you were working for Crazy Little Projects
- *Note-these photos and mock blog post do NOT have to be original for the application process. It can be something you’ve posted to a blog previously (or somewhere else), I just want to see how you do on this process.
Questions to Answer:
Blog/Website (if applicable):
Tell me a little bit about yourself:
Why would you like to have this position?
What are your favorite things to sew?
What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position?
What else would you like me to know about you as you apply for this position?
Notes: This position is now open. I am looking for 2 contributors for this position. I will be receiving applications immediately and will close the application process as soon as I find a couple of good people to fill this position.