What’s the Project? Looking for a perfect summer dessert? These ice cream nachos are so easy to make and are a huge crowd pleaser! Break up waffle cones, top with ice cream and toppings and you’ve got a great dessert for a summer night.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Huggies. As always, all opinions are my own.
One day recently I was sitting at lunch, eating delicious, cheesy nachos with my husband and my brother and one of them, (I should remember who so that I could give him the full credit!), I think it was my husband, mentioned that ice cream nachos would be an amazing twist on this favorite food!
This was one of those moments when little fireworks of happiness started to go off in my mind, because-YUM! Nachos meet ice cream? Yes, please.
We came up with several ideas and of course, I have a crew of willing taste testers to be the judges of what tastes best. When we had our idea fully panned out and put together a plate of these ice cream nachos, headed to our backyard and enjoyed a summer night with an amazing summer dessert idea!
OK, that’s not totally true. We enjoyed an amazing summer *five minutes* because that’s how fast these were gone. Six hands all reaching and grabbing-these ice cream nachos were perfection.
Layers of ice cream, hot fudges, sauces, and whipped cream, all on top of waffle cone nachos! Seriously-couldn’t get this to my mouth fast enough! Perfect summer dessert that the whole family will LOVE!
Oh really, these are so easy to make!
Ice Cream Nachos Recipe:
How to Make Ice Cream Nachos-The Best Summer Dessert
- Your favorite flavor of ice cream you could also mix more than one
- Waffle Cones
- Toppings-hot fudge caramel, peanut butter-whatever you love
- Whipped Cream
- Optional-add sprinkles or cookies candy, or anything you think sounds great!
- Huggies® Wipes for cleanup
- Break your waffle cones into as big of pieces as you can. I used about 6 waffle cones for a small plate of nachos: (Although that was mostly just the top parts of the waffle cones so that I could get nice, big pieces.)
- Scoop some ice cream on top and spread it around on the "chips:" (look closely and see those beautiful bits of peanut butter through the ice cream. This is Tillamook's Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream-my favorite EVER!)
Drizzle on your toppings-I used hot fudge and peanut butter sauce (just peanut butter that I melted in the microwave):
- Swirl on the whipped cream and dig in!!! Eat fast if you're sharing because you know everyone else is going to want to beat you to them! With all those layers of ice cream and topping, they were amazing! HUGE hit!
- You've got to make some of these Ice Cream Nachos! You'll thank me and the kids will thank you!
And then make them again tomorrow.
Happy summer to you!
You Might Also Like: