What’s the Project? These glazed ginger molasses cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie. The spices have that festive taste, they are easy to make, and they will make your house smell amazing! Plus, they taste great. Grab the recipe and make them today.
Ah the Christmas baking that has gone on at my house this month. You people would think I am crazy if you saw it all! The women in my husband’s family do a cookie exchange so that we can have a huge variety of cookies without as much work, but that still means a lot of baking on my part.
I baked 5 different Christmas cookie recipes. Today I am sharing a favorite…of my husband and his family. I admit that it’s not one that I eat, but that’s because I am a chocolate snob and only eat chocolate. I am told that this cookie is AMAZING! Here are glazed ginger molasses cookies that you’re going to love!
It’s a spice cookie (cinnamon, molasses, cloves, that sort of thing) with an icing glaze on the top.
They are very soft and chewy too.
Let’s make some!
Glazed Ginger Molasses Cookie Recipe:
Glazed Ginger Molasses Cookies for Christmas
- 1/4 C shortening
- 3/4 C margarine
- 2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C molasses
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4-4 1/2 C flour
- cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix shortening and margarine. Add sugar and mix the ingredients together. Add eggs and molasses and mix again. Add spices and flour and mix until thoroughly combined. Dough should be just wet enough to still roll into a ball.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar until it is coated. Place on greased baking sheet (or better yet, use a Silpat mat).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookie starts to crack.
- While cookie bakes, make the glaze. Drizzle glaze on the cookies while they are still warm.
- 2 T margarine
- 1/4 C water
- 2 C powdered sugar add more as needed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine and mix until it's not lumpy. It should be fairly thin. Drizzle on the cookies.
I hope you love making these ginger molasses cookies!
You Might Also Like: