It’s time for the next Challenge in the Sew Crazy Monthly Challenge Series! Scream and Shout if you are excited?! January’s challenge went SO well that I have been nervous about this one-hoping you all would like the project options and the prizes and things. As I am putting this together I am feeling confident. This is going to be fun and I think we have some great project options.
We’ve got 2 sponsors this month!
Online Fabric Store is where I get my fabric when I am working on projects for the home. I’ve gotten some great fabric for pillows and cushions and things there. They also have a lot of great supplies that you might need like pillow forms, foam, velcro and other great stuff. They are giving one lucky reader $100 to shop in their store!
We also have Riley Blake Designs sponsoring a FUN giveaway this month…but that one is going to come later and involve some fun things that I have never tried before that I think will be crazy and fun. Watch for that mid month. (Be sure you are subscribed to the daily emails to make sure you don’t miss when this happens. Sign up at the top of this page.)
OK. Ready for the theme for February?
February Theme-Home is Where the Heart Is:
This month we will work on projects for the home. Because that truly is where our heart is right?
**Please read through all of this carefully. There was some confusion last month which I will address here.
Choose 1 of the following projects to complete this month. If you want to do more than one GREAT! But you will only be able to enter the giveaway once. Here are the projects:
Option #1: Make a fun oven mitt! There are two options with this project-a heart shaped oven mitt (fitting for the theme and the time of year right?) and a classic oven mitt. I chose two options because the Heart Shaped one is actually a little harder than it looks. The Classic Oven Mitt will be the easier of these two, but take your pick! Get the tutorials for these here.
Option #2: This project option comes to us from my friend Autumn of It’s Always Autumn. Guess what? Autumn is my actual, in real life friend. In fact, I am getting together with her today for a play date with the kids. She’s amazing at sewing and specializes in upcycling thrift store finds into amazing outfits.
She’s giving us two fun pillow options that I just LOVE! Find these project options here.
Option #3: This is one of my favorite projects that I have ever made. It’s a bean bag chair! Now, my picture and tutorial are about making a football one, but just ignore that. You can make this bean bag chair in any fabric and it will be darling! And it’s super easy! Seriously. Get the tutorial here.
Option #4: Have you ever used piping in a sewing project? Do you know how to make your own piping? Piping can be used in a lot of home projects-pillows, baby crib bumpers (I know-they are a little taboo these days, but IF you were making them you know…), blankets, cushions, and other fun things. And piping is SO easy to make!
I am going to show you how to make piping and then you can use piping on a project of your choice! Use any of the ideas I listed above, search Pinterest for an idea, or watch for a tutorial for a bench cushion that I will be posting over at Online Fabric Store’s blog in about a week. Whatever YOU want to do! Here’s the tutorial for piping.
Those are the project options. Adapt them to your own needs and have fun with them!
Details to Remember:
- Once you have sewn your project, post it somewhere for the world to see! Show that baby off! Post it on facebook, instagram, twitter, google plus, your blog, wherever you want. Tag @CrazyLittleProjects and use the hashtag #SewCrazyChallenge so that I can see your projects and other readers can too.
- Or you can email me your project at amber at crazylittleprojects.com
- We have a private facebook group that you are welcome to join to share your projects and see what others have done. But…I sort of broke it recently and can’t fix it. So the only want to join it now is to send me your email address and I can send you an invite. Just email me at amber at crazylittleprojects.com and I will get you added.
- Enter the giveaway below to win $100 to Online Fabric Store! There are a few entries you can do now and some you will need to do after you sew your project. PLEASE COME BACK AND ENTER. Posting your project online somewhere is just for fun. It is not your entry. You must come back and enter on the rafflecopter below to be officially entered.
- I would love it if you subscribed to the blog by email so that I know that you are receiving all of the updates on the series. Sign up at the top of this page.
- You can also follow me on facebook, pinterest, twitter, instagram, and google plus, but none of these guarantee that you will see ALL of the updates.
- Have fun!! And tell your friends. Let’s have fun with this.
One more thing…
Because it is February, the month of love, I thought it would be fun to throw in one more twist this month. (This was inspired by some of the readers on the facebook group.) For bonus entries this month sew something, anything, up for someone and give it away. Share the love! Fun?
Now how about the giveaway?!
Enter to Win $100 to Online Fabric Store:
Check out all the fun fabric at Online Fabric Store here.
I will also throw in a free copy of my Learn to Sew Ebook to the lucky winner!
If you live outside the US you are welcome to enter, you will just need to cover shipping costs if you win.