Animal Hooded Towels for Kids

If you read this blog very often you know that I do a monthly animal hooded towel for kids, toddlers or babies. They’re some of my most popular posts and I love making them. And I love the response I get from readers who are making the hooded towels. So much fun!

I thought it would be fun to do a roundup of all of the animal hooded towels for kids from 2012 (and remember, if you want to make these but don’t know how to sew, I’ll teach you). Got any ideas for towels you want to see in 2013? Let me know!

Animal Hooded Towels for Kids:

Animal hooded towels for toddlers and babies

There’s 8 in all.

In April (around the time my blog started) we had the Frog.

In May we met the Ladybug.

June gave us the Monkey.

July-my epiphany. The Angry Birds.

August-what in the world? I totally missed August I guess. Why didn’t someone remind me?

September was time for the Dragon.

October-the darling Owls (there’s a girl version on this post too).

November-Three teddy bears

December-who else but Rudolph!?

The towels are still coming! One a month so be sure to follow this blog to get the latest!

Comments

I am new to your site so I didn’t know you did these until this post! They are all so CUTE, but my favorite one is the dragon!! Is it ok if I use your tutorial to make them and sell them in my etsy shop? These are awesome! Thanks so much for the tutorials!:)

2. maureen mcgraw says

Love these thank you for sharing. Also love the Santa suit towel. You are very creative and so nice to share with us, Very easy and yet so cute.
    Maureen

3. Lynn says

I made the dragon, ladybug, and teddy bear for Christmas. They were hits too. Not sure what my favorite is, as I like to think of the person I’m sewing for. Keep amazing me with your creativity. I love visiting your blog daily when I can.

4. Lynn says

5. Suzanne S says

I’m waiting for the Learn to sew series….I can sew a straight line but have not attempted the hooed toweels yet…………love the dragon though…he’s my favorite!

6. Julielorene says

These are adorable. I found your site too late for my Christmas sewing (I did seven from striped towels with the child’s initial appliquéd on the front). I think i’ll be making your designs for birthdays!

7. Amber S says

Owl’s my fav, but they are all so cute. Lady Bug is runner up. Would like to a lamb and a lion. Think those would be cute. Hoping to try one of these out myself soon.

Oh goodness. You just got my brain rolling with ideas for a lamb or lion or other possibilities. Those will for SURE be on the calendar coming up!

8. Evelyn says

I love all of your designs and have made the Dragon, for my grandson, and the Bear for my great nephew which both were born 2 weeks apart. Got the towels to make the monkey next. I only have one problem and that is that my sewing machine does no do a satin stitch very well and was wondering if you could maybe show or at lest tell me how to do a lining for the hood. This way nothing is showing through and I don’t have to worry about all the shedding that comes when it is washed.

If you wanted to line it I think you could fold under the edge of a piece of fabric that is cut the same size as the hood and then sew it in place after the face is on but before you make it a hood-like while it’s still flat?

I absolutely love all of your hooded towels, it is just too hard to choose just one favorite. I am pinning this post for a future sewing project. Thanks for sharing your talent.

I am new to your blog, but have registered I am ready to start the classes tomorrow!!! I voted for the dragon towel. Love it!! As far. As a new idea, I have a granddaughter who is only 2. I would like to make one for her with girly colors. Not sure what animal though. LOVE the lion and the lamb suggestion too!

11. Lyndah says

I’d probably choose the ladybug for my just-turned-one granddaughter, whose momma calls her “Ladybug.” We just had a ladybug-themed first birthday party for her, and she wore a ladybug outfit for Halloween. With two grandbabies, two more on the way, my kids’ friends having babies, and still with young children at home, I need to make all of your towels. They’re adorable!

12. Patty says

my grandson loves angry birds, he would love this hooded towel, I am going to have to make it for him. you are awesome

13. Kasia says

I just joined your blog and I absolutely love it! Unfortunately, I missed the beginning of your series, as I decided to learn sewing only today! :)
    As for the towels, my vote goes to the Owl! :)
    Great job!

14. Hannah says

When you run out of animal ideas, my oldest would LOVE a giraffe towel, and I am at a loss on how to do it . . . Love all your towels!!!

15. Melodi says

I love these towels! I am doing the monkey tomorrow but I am using lavender for the body and gray for the ears and face for my neices’ baby girl. Would love to see a unicorn

16. Lessa says

I love these. I’ve made a few and have used my embroidery machine to embellish the hood. I will definitely be trying these. Question for you – my 7 year old granddaughter wants a housed towel. I made one for her one old sister. I figured I could use a bath sheet for the body. But not sure how to make the hood part larger. Thoughts? Again love these!

Hmmm, the only way I can think of is to use a hand towel, don’t cut it in half and turn it the other direction to use it.

17. Rachel says

I think a horse or pony towel would be adorable! I’m going to use your tutorials to try and make one for my friend’s new baby boy!

18. raquel says

I love all your cute towels. i would LOVE to see a dog and cat. i attempted a dog and it was a disaster i cant get the ears right

19. Mandy Turnbull says

These are so great and your instructions are amazing. I just made a purple elephant for my niece following a combination of your frog and bear posts. It turned out great and I wanted to thank you for your inspiration!

20. Desri says

I am making the red angry bird and monkey today. I’ve been trying to figure out how to make an astronaut for an upcoming birthday party, but I’m afraid it’s going to look more like R2D2 from Star Wars. :)

21. Bryn says

You seriously inspire me!! You make me want to try every single one!!! :) I have so far tried the owl, the lady bug and the dinosaur/dragon! I just want to keep going! :) What about maybe a horse?! A cow?! Do you have these already and I am missing them?! I am currently working on a firefighter trying to do it without a tutorial…its challenging me! :)

22. Julie says

I love your designs! I have tried the lion so far. I am so happy with it, need to make the mane a little longer next time. I could not find yellow towels so I used tan and used alternating yellow and orange fleece for the mane. I would love to see a dolphin towel! My daughter would love a peacock but I don’t know if that could be done or not!

23. Sherri says

What about a cute hippo? A purple one as a girl version would be fun. I saw a hippo towel at target but it wasn’t nearly as cute as you would make it! Your tutorials are great! I made the monkey as a shower gift and it was a hit!

24. Barbara Herbst says

Love all of these towel patterns and am anxious to try them. I have one problem-have you printed the patterns for the face and body parts and I have just missed it-would need help with these parts.

• Barbara Herbst says

Thanks, Amber, for the help. Couldn’t find the patterns for the earlier towels but do see the patterns for your later entries. Are they compatible?

25. Cathy says

I’m just now finding these towels. I’m loving each and everyone of them. I have several grandchildren and I’m excited to get started on them. Is there printable patterns available? And how about a Pirate towel. My grands love pirates, and skulls and cross bones. Thank you so much