Baby Girl Peasant Dress Ensemble

I have no girls in my life. At all anywhere. No sisters, no daughters, no nieces. So when I hear of a friend or a relative expecting a baby girl I get pretty excited. And then I start making something. Thank you to those of you out there who have little girls so that I can sew things for them.

This is my most recent baby girl gift set I put together:

Baby girl peasant dress tutorial

Baby girl peasant dress with matching shoes, head band bow, and burp cloth. It was just too cute not to show it off.

I didn’t actually come up with some of this myself-it’s several tutorials put together, but I figured it was worth sharing the idea of pulling these things together.

You can find the peasant dress tutorial and pattern here. It’s really easy to make. And I do mean really easy. If you have any sewing skills at all, you can probably pull this one off:

I did it slightly different than the tutorial…I added a little ruffle to the bottom instead of ric rac, mostly because the craft store had no red ric rac, but I love how it turned out.

Isn’t that sweet? I got my ruffle premade at Hobby Lobby and just sewed it on (see picture below), folded it under and then top stitched.(See picture above for top stitching.)

For the shoes I used the pattern here. They turn out so cute! I have to warn you though, the tiny-ness of them makes them hard to sew. This is not a beginner project I don’t think. Still, they aren’t too hard, so don’t be intimidated. They turn out ADORABLE! Especially the teeny tiny newborn size ones.

For the headband I created the idea myself. This is a VERY easy project that takes just a few minutes. Tutorial here.

Simple Baby Head Band Flower How to

And then I just added one of my burp clothes made from cloth diapers. Tutorial on that here. Very, very easy.
Burp Cloth from Cloth Diapers Tutorial

I think I might add some matching bloomers. Wouldn’t that be amazing. What color should I do? Red polkadot? Just a nice white? Solid black. Not sure.

Loved making this baby gift! It’s really not too hard to pull something like this together. More people have baby girls! Pretty please.

Comments

Red polka dot bloomers! Definitely add! :) love all of this! I never knew there was such a thing as a premade ruffle but I LOVE it on this dress!!

Thanks so much for sharing your projects over at The Winthrop Chronicles! You have so many cute things, and you are so talented. This dress ensemble is adorable! Especially the shoes :)

I love the fabrics you chose. It is nice to see combos that are not pink or purple for little girls. I need to make a peasant dress for my 2 year old, so I might give the tutorial you listed a try.

Again…. Beautiful!!! If I received something like this as a gift for one of my girls.. it would so be put in a to keep box forever!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

5. Jewels says

Amber,
    Can I please pay you to make me this outfit?!?! PLEASE! I’d even love to give this to someone if I can’t conceive. I’m doing IVF not preg yet. My other 2 attempts failed, 1 more attempt to go, but I’m very hopeful! Looking towards adoption as well.

Guess what? I am going to be doing a learn to sew series starting in January. Do you sew? If not, come learn, then you can make this outfit for everyone!!! And good look with the IVF!!!

• jewels says

Thank you Amber I have no sewing knowledge what so ever. I am very interested! I don’t know if I have what it takes but I am curious. Learn to sew on the internet? R u saying I can learn by coming to your website? This baby outfit makes me want to learn! I read a couple of posters asked where you found the fabric which this is what I would love to find out too – do you know where it still might be found?

Yes, starting in January I will have a weekly post with a step you need to learn to sew and at the end the idea is that you will be able to sew a project. There will be fun giveaways all through it. I am very excited. I will be announcing it in a couple of weeks so keep watching. The fabric is Lil Plain Jane by Michael Miller. Not sure if it is still available anywhere? It’s so cute huh?

6. rebekah says

THANK YOU!!! I have four daughters, 2 sisters, three neices – NO boys!!! and we’re expecting our fifth child in September – my money is on another girl – so if you ever get bored and need to sew for girls, just give me a ring!

Can’t wait to try these cuties out!