What’s the Project? This Scotcharoos recipe is as good as it gets! A chewy layer of peanut butter rice krispie treats topped with and chocolate and butterscotch topping. You won’t be able to stop eating these!
I know, I know. It’s becoming increasingly apparent that I have a major sweet tooth. Not even a sweet tooth really, but a hardcore chocolate addiction. And here is yet another recipe that involves a combination of peanut butter and chocolate. At least in this case it has a little butterscotch in there too!
The truth is that out of all the treats I ever have in my house, these probably tempt me the most. So I don’t make them very often. I will seriously eat half a pan little by little in an afternoon. They are just the perfect combination of great flavor combined with nice, chewy texture.
They’re called Scotcharoos. Ever had them? You’ve got to try this Scotcharoos recipe! It’s SO SO good!
Easy Scotcharoos Recipe:
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- 1 C light
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C peanut butter
- 6 oz. butterscotch chips
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- Pour your Rice Krispies into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small pan mix your karo syrup and your sugar and bring just barely to a boil, stirring constantly. When it just starts to boil, add your peanut butter and mix it in.
- Take it off the heat and pour your mixture over your Rice Krispies and mix it all together.
- In a well greased 9 x 13" pan press your Rice Krispie mixture in, just like you would for Rice Krispie treats. You want them in there good but don't press too hard because you don't want them too packed in. (I grease my hands and just use them to press the mixture down into place.)
- Mix your chips in a bowl and put them in the microwave for 1 minute. About halfway through your minute though, take them out and stir them, then put them back in. When they are good and melted, smear it all over the top of your Rice Krispie layer.
- You're done but you need to let the chocolate set up a little. If you need to rush it, pop them in the fridge for a few minutes (but don't leave them there because you want them chewy, not hard).
Cut these Scotcharoos into small pieces and go crazy!
This scotcharoos recipe is the BEST!
You Might Also Like: