A week or two ago I showed you one of my favorite Christmas cookies, today I am going to show you the other. You’re going to love these. These cookies are the real deal. Chocolate dough wrapped around Rolo candies, rolled in sugar, baked and then drizzled in white chocolate. Sound tempting? I give you Rolo cookies (or Rolo surprise cookies because you have no idea there is a Rolo in it until you take a bite):
Yes, you do want to make these. But, word to the wise. Don’t eat them frozen. My mom tried that last year (she just couldn’t wait for them to thaw-I guess they are that good) and she broke a tooth.
Rolo Cookies Recipe:Print
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 3/4 C flour
- 1 package of Rolos
- 1 package of white chocolate chips (I recommend Ghiradelli for good melting)
- Cream sugar, brown sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and cocoa and mix.
- Add vanilla, baking soda and flour and mix.
- Dough will be fairly runny but needs to be stiff enough to roll into a ball, so add a little more flour if needed.
- With floured hands, roll a Rolo into a 1 Tbsp ball of dough.
- Roll dough in white sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 7-10 minutes or until the cookie just starts to crack.
- Let cool.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle on the cookies with a fork.
These really are great anytime!
Enjoy my friends!