What I am about to show you is one of my 2 favorite Christmas cookies recipes. The other will follow in a week or two. These things are killer. SO yummy! The only problem is that they are sandwich cookies, so when you eat 1 cookie, it’s like eating 2. But we can pretend it’s not, right?
I introduce you to Chocolate Peppermint Creme Cookies:
Oh I am a sucker for these guys. They make a great Christmas cookie but can also be made year round.
Here’s the recipe.
Chocolate Mint Cookies:
- 3 C Flour
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ C brown sugar
- ¾ C margarine
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large pot mix brown sugar, margarine, and water and heat on the stove until it starts to boil.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Roll into balls (if it is too soft, wait for a few minutes-it will firm up a little). If needed, add a little more flour.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Best if still soft.
- Sandwich and frost with peppermint frosting.
- 2 C Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 C soft butter (not margarine)
- About 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- Green food coloring (just as a note, I don’t usually make mine such a bright green. More of a mint is better.)
Blend these ingredients, then beat in 2 more cups of powdered sugar alternately with 1/4 C milk.