What’s the Project? This chocolate peanut butter baked donut recipe is so good you’ll want to gobble them up! Chocolate cake donut frosted with chocolate icing and drizzled with peanut butter.
I think I’ve got a new obsession and it’s a fun one. I bought a doughnut pan last month and I am having a lot of fun playing around with it and trying out new recipes.
I’m a huge sucker for donuts (I know I’m not alone in that!) and also for anything chocolate and peanut butter (again, not alone in that am I?) and these ones are so good! Plus this baked donut recipe is fun to make with or for the kids.
These are baked chocolate doughnuts frosted with a chocolate peanut butter glaze and then drizzled with peanut butter.
Would you like to
drool look a little more?
Go ahead and take a bite:
OK, enough looking at pictures of this yummy baked donut recipe! Let’s talk about how you can make these!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Donut Recipe:
- Doughnut pan
- Ingredients (listed below)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Donut Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt kosher is best
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 1 C buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick 1/2 C melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3-4 Tbsp peanut butter
- 4-5 Tbsp milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and beat until combined and smooth.
- Scoop batter into a Ziploc bag. Snip off the corner of the bag and pipe the batter into your doughnut pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the doughnuts cool. As they cool make the glaze.
- When they are cool, dip the top of the doughnuts into the glaze.
Warm about 1/4 C of peanut butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Using a spoon drizzle peanut butter over the top of the doughnuts:
Hope you love making this baked donut recipe!
You Might Also Like:
Are there instructions on how to make the glaze?
Yes, they are in the post.
I don’t see the instructions for the glaze…….
It’s right below the donut recipe: For the Glaze:
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
3-4 Tbsp peanut butter
4-5 Tbsp milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
How many donuts does this make?
Ooops!! I will add that but it is about 20