Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cupcakes

It’s no secret to anyone that knows me that I love peanut butter and chocolate. It’s actually always been a fear of mine that I would end up with a kid with a severe peanut allergy bad enough that we would have to ban peanuts from our house. What would we do then?!?! Luckily that hasn’t happened so far.(I feel for those of you who have had to do that.)

I also like to bake. A lot. So, put those two together and forget about it. I have a lot of recipes that involve the PB/chocolate combo (ice cream cake, cookies…) But I wanted to try something new…my own creation of sorts.

I give you…PB & Chocolate Reese’s Filled Cupcakes. Guess what? You can’t see it here, but there’s a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup inside!

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes from CrazyLittleProjects.com There's a Reese's INSIDE!!  #cupcakes #reeses

The basic cupcake recipe on this can’t be beat. I recently discovered it (tweaked it only slightly) and have been using it for cakes and cupcakes of all varieties ever since. It’s perfect and it’s easy. To me it’s better than made from scratch. Here it is:

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake Recipe:

5.0 from 2 reviews

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cupcakes

Reese’s Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes
Ingredients
  • 1 Devil’s Food Cake Mix
  • 1 box (5.9 oz) chocolate pudding
  • 1 C sour cream (I use low fat)
  • 1 C oil (just made up for that low fat huh?)
  • 4 eggs
  • ½ C water
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of those ingredients with a mixer. This batter will be quite thick-much thicker than typical cake batter. Scoop into 24 cupcake paper lined muffin tins.
  2. Unwrap mini Reese’s, push one in to each cupcake batter portion.
  3. Bake for 18 minutes. I don’t bake them a minute longer than that. At 18 minutes they are just barely done. I like them very soft and moist. If yours don’t appear done let them go a minute or two longer but try to pull them out when they are barely done.

Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
5 teaspoons milk

I usually just use a ziploc bag to pipe the frosting on because I like to be able to throw it away when I am done. Fill the bag, snip a corner off and pipe. I also melted some chocolate chips, threw in some butter and then drizzled a little chocolate on top.

Reese PB Cup Cupcakes

Stick a Reese’s on top for extra flair. Sure to be a crowd pleaser.

Reese's Filled Cupcake
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Recipe by Crazy Little Projects

If you like this and want to see more subscribe on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus. Or try the RSS Feed.

Comments

This look fabulous! Can’t wait to make some! And, for the record, you don’t have to ban completely as long as everyone is careful about it and the kid in question is precious like Laura. :) You can’t make treats really, b/c that would be sad for them, but I had many a PB waffle growing up.

I LOVE peanut butter anything and these look amazing. I’d love for you to link up to my Swing into Spring party that opens tonight at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

This has to be the best thing I have heard all month! I live in Germany and we don’t have Reeses, but they must be amazing! I have amazing friends though and some amazing bloggers are sending me Reeses and I can’t wait to try them. I might try out this recipe when they are here.

4. Chris says

Thanks for these. I made them for a bake sale and they went over very well! I think next time I’d look for a peanut butter filling instead of the Reeses cups… the chocolate on the outside was a bit chewy. Total nitpicking though, these are quite yummy!

I’m also thinking I’d try a version of these with Rolo candies inside and a salted caramel frosting!

5. Ali B :) says

WOW! I made the cupcake recipe with my own peanut butter frosting for my sister’s (who is a Reese’s freak) sweet 16 party and they were a hit! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

6. Emily says

I made these for a Super Bowl party yesterday and they were amazing! Everyone said that they were the best cupcakes that they have ever tried! Thank you for such an awesome recipe. If I knew how to post pictures here I would.

7. Susan says

Is the 1 cup of oil correct? That just seems like a lot of oil, especially with the pudding and sour cream……..Just asking because I wanted to make them this weekend! Thanks!

• Susan says

Thanks, Amber, for the quick reply! I wanted to try to make these today for my son-in-laws birthday tomorrow……he LOVES Reece cups (who doesn’t?) so these are a must-make!!
        Thanks again!

8. Christina says

I followed your recipe exactly and they turned out absolutely PERFECT! 18 minutes is definitely the magic number. I’ve never had cupcakes turn out so moist before. Delish!

Thanks for sharing!
    xo, Christina

9. Caroline says

I am making these right now in a jumbo cupcake cake pan and it is not getting done in the center. I know they are to be moist, but it is like pudding in the middle after 30 min. Should I have altered the recipe for a cake vs cupcakes? Help.

Yes, I have done it as a cake and had to cook it quite a bit longer-I can’t remember what I did but about double I think?

10. Holly says

I made these for my dear boyfriend’s birthday (HE FREAKING LOVES REESES). He was so excited when i told him about this recipe…he was EVEN MORE excited when he actually ate one…followed by many…here are my problems with the recipe
    1.) the batter is SUPER thick…it burned out my hand mixer…granted it was a $6.50 handmixer, but still….daaaaang.
    2.) the frosting was WAAAY thick too! it was super tasty and i feel like i may have done something wrong, but i couldn’t even pipe the frosting out of a bag. it was so thick it wouldn’t budge…i even added more milk to try and thin it out a bit…maybe that made things worse? i don’t know. any suggestions on what i could do next time to make it a little easier to pipe?

Thanks for this awesome recipe!! I made it about a month ago and waited to share with my readers until I could trace it back to you to you with a link. These were a big hit! Especially with my 14 year old and his friend…went to bed with a dozen left and woke up to 4 remaining cupcakes! “Not me!” ate them of course!! Thanks again!

12. Tina says

Couple of things. The recipe says to put the pbutter cup in the batter and not on top as the picture shows. Had to cook a little longer and with the frosting have to add a little more milk or it was too dry and would not spread/swirl on the cupcake. Enjoyed them thoroughly!

I have always found that 1 c applesauce can be substituted for 1 c oil and you will never notice the difference. 100 calories compared to 800 calories! I do this in my carrot cake also after having used oil for years. No one realized it. It makes it just as moist. Try it sometime!

14. VA mom says

Just made these for my daughter’s Birthday to take to her game and give out to her team. YUMMMMMY and even better fresh out of the oven and without the frosting….
    DELICIOUS

Hi Amber I am planning on making these cupcakes and have seen other reese cupcake recipes that tell you to freeze the peanut butter cups so they don’t melt completely. Your recipe didn’t say to do that so I was just wondering if it matters.

16. Emma says

I have made these a few times and every time I make them I get so many compliments on how amazing they are! This is my go-to cupcake recipe!

17. Joanne says

Hi Amber

Which end of the peanut cup did you set in. The large top part or the smaller round bottom? Not sure if either way will make a difference but not sure. Also should they not touch the bottom of the cupcake?
    Thanks Joanne