Sometimes you just need a cute little flower to embellish a fun sewing project and this one is one of my very favorite ways to make a fabric flower. I am going to be showing you how to put it on a cute bag eventually, but you can use it for anything! Here’s my quick and easy, Five Minute Fabric Flowers Tutorial:
This is easy and involves very minimal sewing skills. You can do it!
Fabric Flowers Tutorial
- Small amount of fabric
- Hot glue
- Small piece of felt
- Plug your hot glue gun in so that it can get ready while you do the rest of this.
- Cut a long strip of fabric that is about 2-3 inches wide by 32 inches long. (You can vary this depending on the size you want your flower.)
- Fold the fabric in half with the right side on the outside and press it.
- Run a basting stitch along the raw edge. Then begin to gather/ruffle the fabric: (Full tutorial on that here.)
- Gather it quite a bit (the more you gather, the tighter and more ruffly your flower will look. Then, begin to roll the fabric in on itself.
- Every few inches use your hot glue gun and glue the fabric onto itself.
- Keep rolling until it is done. Then cut out a small circle of felt and glue your flower on it. You can trim off the excess felt once your flower is glued on.
- And you’re done. Pretty quick and easy right?!