What’s the Project? These chocolate coconut Christmas cookies are so good you won’t want to eat them just for Christmas! Soft and chewy chocolate cookie topped with coconut frosting and Christmas sprinkles makes this a festive and yummy treat!
The amount of things I have going on this week is laughable. It’s Christmas-time and the normal mothering stuff, which can be daunting enough, gets insane this time of year! Even when you try to keep things simple at Christmas, it can get crazy!
Am I right?
There are gifts to buy and wrap, parties to attend, kids’ dreams to fulfill, the spirit of Christmas to embrace and let’s don’t forget the baking. And that’s on top of everything else that a mom does on a day-to-day basis.
Moms need a break and deserve to be spoiled. These chocolate coconut Christmas cookies are a favorite of many of my friends and a way for me to spoil my friends at Christmas!
I see what my friends are doing and I know that, as much as they love this season, they are stressed and a little overwhelmed! I was talking with my best friend last week about how heavy life can be when you are worrying about the ins and outs of a child’s life and all the details that have to matter to mom. Multiply that times several kids and add the Christmas crazy to it? Mom deserves to be recognized.
It would be fun to spoil all the moms out there or just take this to a friend or two. Either way, let’s spoil those moms this year!
Grab her favorite drink, some cozy slippers, make these great cookies, whatever you think she will love and package it all in a cute gift for her! Then add these fun tags.
And…if you’ve got time, you’ve GOT to try these cookies! Of course, I had to taste test before dropping them off to friends. Yep, they’ll make her smile.
I’ve got all the stuff you’ll need to share this with a friend. Here’s a recipe and below are printable tags for you to use.
Chocolate Coconut Christmas Cookies Recipe:
Make sure to check the ingredients for both the cookies and the frosting before you shop!
Chocolate Coconut Christmas Cookies
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 C margarine 1 and a half sticks
- 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 1/2 C flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda together and set them aside.
- In a large pan on the stove over medium-high heat, melt your brown sugar, water and margarine together and stir and continue to heat until it just boils.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in your chocolate chips. Mix until melted.
- Beat your eggs with a fork and then stir them into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir them in with a fork until completely combined. If your dough seems runny (and like you can’t make blobs with it) add a tiny bit more flour.
- Roll into large balls-about 2 inches big.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes-until they crack a little bit. Press flat with the bottom of a cup. This will also create a little crater for your frosting.
- Set them aside to cool and make the coconut buttercream frosting.
- 3 sticks softened butter
- 1 32 oz bag of powdered sugar
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract (this part is optional if you aren’t a coconut lover)
Mix all ingredients until smooth.
Put it in a small plastic bag and snip off one corner. Pipe onto cooled cookies and smooth with a knife.
Add Christmas sprinkles for extra fun!
Printable Christmas Gift Tags:
Just right click and save, open in a program on your computer like Word or Pages and size how you want, then print, OR, I’ve got a PDF with a variety of sizes and styles for you to print and use.
And take the time to spoil someone in your life this year!
I hope you and your friends love these chocolate coconut Christmas cookies.
You Might Also Like: