This post is sponsored by Craftsy! A big thanks to Craftsy for working with me. As always, opinions are all my own.
I have heard from so many beginning sewers that zippers scare the pants off of them! Are you one of those people? How do you feel when you see this picture?
I have asked and been told-zippers scare you! You are intimidated by them, don’t think you can sew them, have heard that they are hard. You are just downright scared of sewing zippers.
I’ve also heard that when you give it a try, they aren’t as hard as you think!
You’re going to like this.
I’ve got 2 things I would like to show you to help you overcome your fears of zippers. OK?
First, Craftsy has been generous enough to offer my readers a free zipper techniques class. Seriously, check this out, because it is good and it’s all free.
More details on this below.
I also want you to know that I have a post with some simple tips and guidelines to teach you to sew zippers.
Zippers don’t have to be scary! Not at all! In this class you will learn all about zippers so that you can overcome your fears.
To get this class all you need to do is head over to Craftsy and sign up for an account. The class will be quick and easy and free to download!
Mastering Zipper Techniques Class:
In this class you will learn:
- Inserting an invisible zipper
- Finishing the zipper opening
- Inserting Lapped zippers and Slot Seamed Zippers
- The ins and outs of buying a zipper
- Sewing zippers into garments with and without lining
- And all the tips you need to not be afraid to sew zippers
Things to note:
- Once you enroll in this class you will have access to it always (it doesn’t expire)
- It’s over an hour of lessons broken down into segments so you can watch all at once or watch in parts
- It’s a video class, so you will see step by step how to sew
- It’s taught by seamstress Sunni Standing
- You have access to the Craftsy community to share, ask questions and interact
I’ve watched this class and it is very clear and understandable. There are many things you will learn and you will no longer fear zippers!
Here are a few sneak peeks of the class:
Learn to sew into garments: