Valentine Throw Pillows

I got a new toy for Christmas. It’s a Silhouette Cameo. I am very, very excited and I guess you can expect to see lots of projects made with it in the future. I am so excited to show you my very first project ever with it today: (the first of many Valentine’s projects)

And it’s my first Valentine’s project for the year. Love it.

I was excited to try out fabric with my Silhouette since I am addicted to fabric. It worked like a charm.

I don’t think you have to have a Silhouette to make this though-so read on, even if you don’t have one.

Valentine Throw Pillows Tutorial:

About 3/4 yard of your main fabric (this will depend on your pillow size though)

Small amount of pink fabric

Small amount of white fabric

Heat N Bond

Pillow Form

All you need to do is iron your Heat N Bond to your pink fabric in about the size you want your heart. Cut out a heart from your pink fabric.

Iron your Heat N Bond to your white fabric and cut out the letters for love. If you don’t have a cutting machine you can print out the letters from your computer to use as a pattern and cut them by hand.

Cut out the front of the pillow in your main fabric making it exactly the size of your pillow form.

Iron the heart in place. Then iron the letters in place.

To make the rest I am going to refer you to my tutorial on how to make an envelope pillow cover.

It’s as easy as that!

Easy to Make Valentine's Pillow

Comments

LOVE THIS!! with all the cameo projects I have seen, I am really wanting one.. well I do have a birthday in March. Do you think these are better than cricut??

I’ve never used a cricut so I don’t know? But I LOVE this Silhouette. I need to do more projects with it!

I’ve used a cricut, one of the older ones that you could only use cartridges with. It was nice not having to fix up your project in a software program with the cricut, but I like being able to have full controll of what my machine is cutting with the silhouette. I know cricut has newer versions that are more like the silhouette, but I’m still partial to my cameo!!

Oh my, I LOVE this!!! I’m could use the “straight lines” lesson too! ha Is that the Riley Blake chevron fabric? If so,do you mind sharing where you found it? Everywhere I look for his chevron, it is like $9.00 a yard and as much as I’d like to buy of it, that’s not in my budget right now. I may just have to splurge and but a yard. This is beautiful.

Ok, I just had an “ah ha” moment. I remember them showing me a chevron in a heavier weighted fabric they called duck cloth. Is that what you used for this pillow? I was looking for something lighter weight to attempt to make some pillowcase dresses out of. I’ve only been able to find the name brand designer fabrics online and they are quite expensive.

3. Sherrie says

Oh I love that pillow ! I just recently made my first set of pillows and I have a ways to go but I do like that.

This is so CUTE!! I totally want to make one now!:) do you use the fabric blade when you cut fabric with your cameo? I’m wondering if its really worth the $15 for it.

5. Elaine says

My in-laws gave me a Cameo for Christmas this year (but unfortunately they were back ordered so patiently waiting). I agree, you should do more projects so I can follow along after the learn to sew series! :-)

6. Elizabeth Brooks says

Amber,

I absolutely LOVE this pillow and have been following your blog since you started. Did you use Heat N Bond Lite or Heavy on the pillow. I love my Silhouette too.