What’s the Project? These cute flower sweet rolls are the perfect thing if you are looking for easy Easter or Mother’s Day brunch recipes. They are easy to make, taste great and are such a cute addition to your brunch table. Grab the recipe and make these sweet flower rolls.
Thank you to Rhodes Bake N Serv for sponsoring this post.
Waking up on a sunny Spring morning, birds chirping, the sun shining, flowers pushing their sweet heads up out of the Earth. It just makes me smile. And when it’s Easter morning and the stars align so that it feels like Spring outside too, it’s just perfect.
I don’t know what the weather will be like Easter morning this year, but with these cute flower rolls, it will feel like a perfect Spring morning when you sit down to Easter brunch this year! Nothing beats easy Easter brunch recipes and these sweet rolls are not only easy, but they taste great too! Use Rhodes Bake N Serv to make them so you don’t even have to create your own dough-couldn’t be easier! Or yummier! I seriously couldn’t keep my kids’ (ahem, and my own) hands off them!
Plus, don’t they look so pretty?! These make me excited for Easter morning (although really, they’d be perfect for any Spring morning.) They are just so fun, bright and cheerful!
So let’s talk about how to make these yummy sweet rolls!
Easter Brunch Recipes: Flower Sweet Rolls
Cute Flower Sweet Rolls-Great Easter or Mother's Day Brunch Idea
- Rhodes Bake N Serv Frozen Dinner Rolls
- Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring
- Frosting store bought vanilla is perfect or you can make your own
- Start by thawing your Rhodes Bake N Serv Frozen dinner rolls. To do this, grease a pan and place them in it. (Each flower will use about 2 rolls to make, so plan accordingly when thawing your Rhodes Bake N Serv Frozen dinner rolls, depending on how many flower rolls you want to make.)
- Cover them with a damp cloth and set them aside to thaw. This will take about 2 hours, depending on how warm your kitchen is.
*Tip-If you want to speed this process up a little bit, put them in your oven with the light on. They will warm and thaw just a little bit faster that way.
- Once your Rhodes Bake N Serv rolls are thawed, get a cookie sheet ready. You will either want this greased or use a silicone mat.
- Grease your hands lightly to help you work with
- Pick up one of your rolls and break a piece off of it-about 1/3 of the roll. Roll it between your hands to form a small sphere. Then place it on your baking sheet. Repeat this with 4 more pieces, placing them all side by side to form a small circle.
- Keep doing this until you've used all of your dough.
- Set the dough aside to rise again for about an hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes, till just lightly brown.
Make Your Glaze:
While your rolls are baking, make your glaze.
Cute Flower Sweet Rolls Glaze
- 2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- Combine until smooth, then add a couple of drops of pink or red food coloring.
Glaze the Rolls:
- When the rolls come out of the oven and while they are still hot, use a pastry brush (or just a spoon to drizzle if you don't have a pastry brush) the glaze on them. Cover them completely.
While your rolls cool, add food coloring to your frosting and then spoon your frosting into a baggie or piping bag. If you used a baggie, snip off one corner.
When the rolls are cooled, add a circle of frosting in the center of the roll in a spiral motion.
Then serve these pretty flowers.
Don’t they look great?!
When you eat them they will taste a little bit like a light, fluffy donut and the frosting is perfect for dipping them in.
These are the best!
I hope these are the perfect addition to your Easter morning! And I hope you get sunshine and flowers and Spring outside as well as inside on your Easter morning.
You Might Also Like: