What’s the Project? These cherry chip Rice Krispie treats make a fabulous Valentine’s treat! They taste amazing and topped with cute pink and red sprinkles, they make a fun and festive treat. Plus they are so easy to make!
Valentine’s makes me happy-all the pink and red and glittery and the treats and doing nice things for the people you love! It’s perfect.
Making cute heart shaped Rice Krispie treats for Valentine’s Day was a lot of fun-especially because they are cherry chip flavored and I LOVE cherry chip! These are easy to make and can be stored for quite a while!
I did two versions-just those classic square shaped, but also I made them in fun heart shapes!
So much fun! And did I mention YUMMY?! I love cherry chip!
Ok, let’s do this!
Cherry Chip Valentine’s Treats Recipe:
Cherry Chip Valentine's Krispie Treats
- Note-the above ingredients can be modified a little. If your frosting seems dry add a little more milk. If it seems too wet, add a little powdered sugar.
- Pour your Rice Krispies into a large bowl and set aside. In a medium size bowl add your marshmallows and butter and microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until totally melted.
- Add a couple of drops of food coloring to your mixture.
- Quickly, while it's still hot, stir in 1 C cherry chip cake mix.
- Pour over your Rice Krispies and mix until evenly coated.
- Grease your hands and press these into either a 9 x 13 inch (well greased) pan or, if you prefer them thinner, a well greased cookie sheet.
- Allow to set up for a few minutes.
- Melt your white chocolate in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- Spread this over your Rice Krispie treats and then quickly add your sprinkles.
- Once it's completely set up, use a cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
- I had to use my cookie cutter to give me a template and then use a knife to cut them.
- I stored mine in a GladWare® container to keep them good for a long time! You can even freeze them!
- I have to admit, with January here I've been doing a lot of cleaning out-fridge, pantry, freezer. And it's made me realize just how much food I waste! I hate to throw away perfectly good food, and yet I find myself doing it! Such a waste.
- I hope you have a blast making and eating these!
And you’re all set!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad Food Protection. The opinions and text are all mine.