Oooh I am exited for this month’s Sew Crazy Challenge! And I think you will be too. What woman doesn’t love a good bag? I know you do. I do too. So it’s exciting to announce that this month’s theme is It’s In The Bag!
March Theme: It’s In the Bag
This month we’ll be sewing up bags! I like this theme because it doesn’t matter how many bags you’ve sewn, you can always make more. If not for yourself, make it for someone else. Whatever you do, let’s just sew some bags!
I’m excited to tell you that we have 2 contributors to our project options this month!
Option #1: First we have a bag from Bev at Flamingo Toes! Do you know her? Bev is a talented seamstress as well as many other things. You’ll also find jewelry and all sorts of creative projects. You’re going to love her.
Bev has a bag option for us to sew this month. It’s fancy and classy and I think you will love it. It’s the Linen and Lace Bow Clutch:
The full tutorial for this lovely bag is here.
Option #2: We’ve also got Heather from The Sewing Loft here. When I think of Heather I think of all sorts of sewing knowledge. She seems like the guru of sewing technique to me. You’ll learn all kinds of things on her site.
Heather’s bringing us a beautiful zipper pouch that is embellished with applique flowers and hand stitching. I know that many of my readers have been wanting to learn these skills-here’s a great chance. It’s a Flower Power Zip Pouch.
Option #3: I’m going to show you several of my favorite bag options from my site now and let you choose one to make from these if you would like. This one is my all time favorite bag. And my most popular. It’s my classic messenger bag tutorial:
(There’s also a kid version if you prefer.)
Option #4: Here’s my newest bag and the bag that I am currently carrying. I call it my Cross Body Tote Bag and I love how it turned out. It’s also quite easy to make!
Option #5: If you want to try something a little smaller, I recommend the reversible messenger bag. It’s just a tiny little bag-great for kids or great for carrying just a few small things.
Those are your 5 options, BUT, I don’t really want to limit you. If none of these float your boat you are welcome to try a different bag. I have a whole bunch of other bag tutorials here. Or you can try any bag that you would like. It’s totally up to you!
Here’s a review of how this works:
- Once you have sewn your project, post it somewhere for the world to see! Show that baby off! Post it on facebook, instagram, twitter, google plus, your blog, wherever you want. Tag @CrazyLittleProjects and use the hashtag #SewCrazyChallenge so that I can see your projects and other readers can too.
- Or you can email me your project at amber at crazylittleprojects.com
- We have a private facebook group that you are welcome to join to share your projects and see what others have done. But…I sort of broke it recently and can’t fix it. So the only want to join it now is to send me your email address and I can send you an invite. Just email me at amber at crazylittleprojects.com and I will get you added.
- Enter the giveaway below to win this moth’s big fat prize pack! There are a few entries you can do now and some you will need to do after you sew your project. PLEASE COME BACK AND ENTER. Posting your project online somewhere is just for fun. It is not your entry. You must come back and enter on the rafflecopter below to be officially entered.
- I would love it if you subscribed to the blog by email so that I know that you are receiving all of the updates on the series. Sign up at the top of this page.
- You can also follow me on facebook, pinterest, twitter, instagram, and google plus, but none of these guarantee that you will see ALL of the updates.
- Have fun!! And tell your friends. Let’s have fun with this.
Now for this month’s prize!
This month I am giving away a bag made by me (it will be the Cross Body Tote) stuffed with sewing goodies AND a $100 gift card to the fabric store of your choice! How does that sound for fun?
Enter here to win all that: