Happy FUN Day Friday! Is everyone having fun with all the Christmas and holiday festivities? Need a fun idea of something to do with your kids this weekend?
These cookies are perfect for kids because they are really easy. My 4 year old could even do it. I think they would be great for a little Christmas party if you are hosting one or to take to your kid’s class (if you are allowed to bring homemade baked goods-I’m not), or just for fun with your little ones.
Christmas Reindeer Cookies for Kids Recipe:
(Just a note-this is a peanut butter cookie recipe but if you have peanut allergies you can also do this with a thick sugar cookie dough.)
- 1 C margarine
- 1 C peanut butter
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ C flour
- To Decorate:
- Chocolate Chips
- Mix the cookie dough just like any other dough. You are going to want it to be thick enough to do a little sculpting with, so add a little more flour if needed.
- Grab a blob of dough and shape it like a reindeer head.
- Press 2 pretzels into the top to form the antlers.
- Press 2 upside down chocolate chips in for the eyes.
- Press a red M&M in for the nose.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes.
My boys got a little crazy and started making alien reindeer, baby reindeer, 3 eyed reindeer and many other crazy creations. But that’s the fun of it!
Need other holiday fun ideas? Try these very easy snowman ornaments as well.