What’s the Project? These strawberry lemonade cupcakes are the perfect treat for Spring or Summer! A sweet lemon cupcake topped with strawberry buttercream frosting. Add a lemon drop to the top to make it so cute!
Last week my friend and I made about 350 mini cupcakes to spoil the teachers at our school for teacher appreciation week. 350 cupcakes! That was crazy, but fun! Most of our cupcakes were chocolately, but we wanted to offer a fun and fruity option too, so we created these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. They are perfect for summertime and they are easy to make! And they were a hit. Plus they look so cute.
They are made from a lemon cake mix that’s doctored up a little bit and topped with strawberry frosting and a lemon drop. They look so cute when they are done too! They are perfect to take with you to a summer gathering or to celebrate a summer birthday for someone.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes:
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 large box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 C water
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 1 C sour cream
- 4 eggs
- Combine all ingredients. Fill cupcake tins lined with cupcake papers about 2/3 full. The batter will be very thick.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top with strawberry frosting. (See below.)
- 3 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 4-6 C powdered sugar
- About 1/4 C milk
- 2-3 tsp strawberry extract
- A couple drops of red or pink food coloring
- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Add more powdered sugar as needed to achieve desired thickness.
- Put frosting in a large Ziploc bag. Snip off one corner and use it to pipe frosting onto cupcake in a spiral. Top with a lemon drop.
Other Cupcakes You Might Enjoy: