A few weeks ago I had a day with nothing going on (Hallelujah! How often does that happen?!), so I pulled out a whole bunch of craft supplies and spent the day crafting with my kids. My five year old started out grumpy but was soon singing, a sure sign of happiness, as we painted these fun DIY painted Trick or Treat Bags. They are quick and easy and a perfect kids craft for Halloween:
Now I know I said this was a kids craft, but I painted those two. Mama has to have fun too doesn’t she?!
Here’s the one my 8 year old painted. He’s SO proud of it!
DIY Painted Trick or Treat Bags:
- Plain bags (I found these at Hobby Lobby. I imagine other craft stores or dollar stores will have them as well.)
- Americana Multi Surface Paint
- Paint Brush/Dauber
- Empty cereal box
There’s really not a lot of instructions for these since you can paint them however you want, but here’s a few tips:
- I cut out a piece of cereal box and slipped it inside to prevent the paint from seeping.
- I used the Americana Multi Surface paint and it worked like a charm.
- To make the polkadots I simply daubed the paint with a little paint dauber. SO easy. Perfect for kids to do.
Use the Americana glow in the dark paint on top of your design to make this extra fun. How about a glow in the dark ghost:
Really, just get creative. Or even better, let your kids get creative. They’re going to love this project!
For more Halloween ideas Follow Me on Pinterest!