Just bumping up another old favorite here. This hot fudge is to die for! This recipe is coming down the generations through my husband side. My grandmother in law is where the recipe originated for me (not sure where she got it) and it is my mother in law’s claim to fame now. The truth is that usually my hubby makes it when we have it, but maybe I better step it up and be the one to make it so that the tradition of women married into the family making this wonderful hot fudge recipe can live on! This stuff is AMAZING!
Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe:Print
Homemade Hot Fudge Recipe
- Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe:
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 C sugar
- 3 (1 oz.) squares of unsweetened chocolate (or sub. 9 T of cocoa and 3 T of veg. oil stirred together)
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Melt the chocolate in a large, heavy pan on low heat.
- Stir in the sugar and the milk.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly for about 20 minutes. It will start to boil around the 7-8 minute mark.
- Keep cooking until it is the thickness you want (remembering that it will be thicker when it hits the cold ice cream).
- Add vanilla and stick of butter/margarine.
- Serve over ice cream. Or, do what my husband does and eat it by the spoonful.
- It freezes well too so you can just it later.
We LOVE to have hot fudge sundae parties with neighbors and friends and serve this hot fudge with a variety of toppings to go with it. We like to top it with nuts, sprinkles, toffee pieces, cookies pieces, marshmallows, whipped cream, etc.