Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 C margarine (1 and a half sticks)
- 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 C flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set them aside.
- In a large pan on the stove over medium high heat, melt the brown sugar, water and margarine together and stir and heat until it boils.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the chocolate chips. Mix until melted.
- Beat your eggs with a fork and then stir them into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir them in until completely combined.
- Roll into one inch balls and drop onto a cookie sheet (preferably with a Silpat mat). If you don’t have a Silpat mat make sure you have a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes. Cookie should be just starting to have cracks in it.
- Use a ziploc bag full of your frosting to squeeze about a Tablespoon onto a cookie. Sandwich with another cookie.
- Then eat!