For the past couple of years I have launched a new series at the beginning of the new year and it’s been a lot of fun, so in keeping with that tradition, I’ve got something fun up my sleeve as we launch into 2015! It’s a very different take than my past two new year’s series but it’s something fun and I think EVERYONE can easily be involve because it’s made to work for YOU!
Are you ready to hear all about it?!
With New Year’s resolutions and goals flying around, I thought it would be fun to work together to create our new selves this year!
What do you say to goal setting, prizes, ideas, support and fun?! Read on!
Crazy New YOU!
Do you have a goal for the new year? Things you would like to change? Projects you would like to start? Skills you would like to learn?
Then this series if for YOU! (I’m hoping that’s all of you in one way or another!)
Here’s what’s happening.
My Challenge to You:
Think about things you would like to do, change, start, continue or make happen in 2015. Whatever works for YOU! And set some personal goals. You choose the challenge, you choose the goals, you choose the accomplishments.
Keep coming back to Crazy Little Projects this week for ideas to help you on your goals, goal setting sheets and goal keeping tips, and best of all, PRIZES for when you accomplish your goals all throughout the month of January!
I just want this to be fun and supportive and something that YOU can get involved in, no matter what your goals are.
Like I said, I really want this to be personal for YOU, so you set your own goals.
I have chosen 7 broad categories, or tracks, that I think most goals will fit into. If you don’t feel like yours fits in one of these, that’s fine too, but I wanted to have some general ideas to help you out!
Heart: The heart track is represented by the pink heart icon. Goals in this area of your life might include anything to do with reaching out to others and making the world a better place, such as:
- Serving others more often
- Being a little more kind
- Remembering other’s birthdays
- Looking outside yourself
- Taking time for random acts of kindness or doing a good turn daily
Home: The home track is represented by the blue home icon. Goals in this area might include anything that enriches your home, such as:
- Organizing your home! Cleaning out the clutter
- Decorating your home or areas in your home
- Cooking-trying new meals, cooking more regularly, meal planning, or improving your cooking
- Planting a garden
- Getting organized and staying organized
- Strengthening your family
- Improving your relationship with your spouse/children
- Spending more time with people you love
Body: The body track is represented by the orange person icon. Goals in this area might include anything that makes you feel better physically, such as:
- Eating more healthy
- Exercise-start a new program, train for a race, set goals about how often you exercise, get more fit
- Controlling your mood-choosing optimism, trying to be happy and positive
- Improving your body image
Financial: The financial track is represented by the green dollar sign icon. Goals in this area might include anything that improves your financial condition. such as:
- Setting a budget for yourself
- Setting up a savings plan or saving more
- Setting up investment or retirement accounts
- Find new ways to make money (ie. start your own small business, sell items on Etsy, start a blog)
Life: The life track is represented by the yellow smiley icon. Goals in this area might include anything that enriches your life, such as:
- Celebrating life more-recognizing little moments and enjoying them
- Living in the moment
- Creating opportunities, memories and traditions for your family
- Being a better friend
- Trying to be more positive or friendly or outgoing
Skill: The skill track is represented by the purple hand icon. Goals in this area might include any new skill that you want to learn, such as:
- Learning to Sew! (Of course I had to throw that one in there. Try my Learn to Sew series maybe?)
- Learning photography or improving your photography
- Learning to cook, bake, decorate cakes
- Start a blog (another one that I highly recommend)
- Learn to knit, crochet, scrapbook, or any other crafty endeavor
- Learn a new language
Mind: The mind track is represented by the gray lightbulb. Goals in this area might include anything that enriches your mind, such as:
- Going back to school
- Taking classes that interest you
- Learning a new language
- Reading more or setting a goal for a certain number of books to read
- Increasing your spiritual strength
These are all just suggestions. The sky is the limit. You think about what works for you and you determine what you will do with it.
How It Works:
To join up, here’s what you need to know:
- This week is the kick-off for the series. Start thinking about your goals, fill out the goal sheets (coming Wednesday), brainstorm what accomplishing your goals will look like and get ready to go!
- Enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post!! This is your incentive for joining up!
- Next week, and each week throughout January, work on your goals-whatever they are! When you feel like you have successfully accomplished your goals for that week, come to Crazy Little Projects to enter that week’s giveaway!
- Watch for posts to help you along your way!
To be fully involved in what is going on, I recommend following Crazy Little Projects in whatever ways will reach you best so that you see the posts and remember to enter:
- ***Sign up for Crazy Little Projects’ emails here (This is the best way to be sure you see all posts)
- Follow Crazy Little Projects on Pinterest
- Follow Crazy Little Projects on Instagram
- Follow Crazy Little Projects on Facebook
- Follow Crazy Little Projects on Google Plus
- Follow Crazy Little Projects on Twitter
Tell your friends to join up and let others know when you accomplish your goals on your social media accounts.
Tag me (@CrazyLittleProjects) and use the hashtag #CrazyNewYou so that we can all see your posts!
What to do Now:
Start brainstorming what your goals will be for this year. If you are up for this challenge, enter the giveaway below.
Watch for goal setting sheets and tips later this week. Set your goals and get started! Next week is the first official week of the series. Giveaways will be posted on Mondays with the idea that you will work on your goals and come back to enter them when you have accomplished your goals for that week.
Questions? Just let me know!
Commit to the Challenge and Enter to win $100 to Amazon here:
a Rafflecopter giveaway