It’s that time again!! The Sew Crazy Challenge for the month of August starts now! And I am going to tell you that I am VERY excited for this one. We have some of the best prizes yet and some of my favorite project options. This month the theme will be…
Back to School
I’ve dreaded Back to School time, but it’s almost here, so I guess it’s just time to embrace it.
And the good news is that there are tons of fun things you can sew for Back to School!
Back to School Project Options:
Option #1: This is one of my all time favorite projects on this blog. Who doesn’t love hot pink and polkadots? And messenger bags? This year for back to school how about making your little one a personalized messenger bag? This is a kid sized one. I also have one for adults or older high school/college students here.
Option #2: How about a fun lunch box? This would be even better if you made it to match the messenger bag above right?! This is insulated and you can make it fun for your little one to carry his lunch! Here’s the lunch box pattern:
Option #3: Here’s something fun that until recently I had never tried sewing-a kid’s art smock! I just loved how this turned out and even my kids went crazy over it. It’s perfect for at home or at school when little ones are making art! Right now this project is featured over at The Ribbon Retreat. Get it here:
Option #4: For the older students, how about making a customized lap top bag? You can make it to fit any lap top-whatever the size. And make it in any fabric so it’s great for girls or guys! This tutorial will be on the blog this Wednesday, so watch for it!
Option #5: Need a quick and easy project this month? Try making a pencil bag for your kids to take to school. You could even personalize this one like I did with the messenger bag if you wanted. This is a very simple project and will give you more practice on zippers! Pencil Bag Tutorial here:
Need more Back to School ideas? Here’s a bunch:
Here’s a remind about how it all works:
If you are new here, please, join right in! Each month we having a sewing theme and projects to work on and prizes to be won! I hope you will join us!
- Once you have sewn your project, post it somewhere for the world to see! Show that baby off! Post it on facebook, instagram, twitter, google plus, your blog, wherever you want. Tag @CrazyLittleProjects and use the hashtag #SewCrazyChallenge so that I can see your projects and other readers can too.
- Or you can email me your project at amber at crazylittleprojects.com
- We have a private facebook group that you are welcome to join to share your projects and see what others have done. But…I sort of broke it recently and can’t fix it. So the only want to join it now is to send me your email address and I can send you an invite. Just email me at amber at crazylittleprojects.com and I will get you added.
- Enter the giveaway below to win this moth’s big fat prize pack! There are a few entries you can do now and some you will need to do after you sew your project. PLEASE COME BACK AND ENTER. Posting your project online somewhere is just for fun. It is not your entry. You must come back and enter on the rafflecopter below to be officially entered.
- I would love it if you subscribed to the blog by email so that I know that you are receiving all of the updates on the series. Sign up at the top of this page.
- You can also follow me on facebook, pinterest, twitter, instagram, and google plus, but none of these guarantee that you will see ALL of the updates.
- Have fun!! And tell your friends. Let’s have fun with this.
I mentioned that this month’s prizes are some of my very favorites. Are you ready to see them?
First off, I want to introduce you to a really fun fabric company, unlike any other that I know of. Meet Modern Yardage:
What’s so neat about Modern Yardage? Let me tell you!
They print their own fabric! Which means that you will find a huge variety of fabrics that you have never seen before and a constantly changing inventory. Their fabrics are bright and modern and pretty and whimsical and anything you could want! The laptop bag project is made with their fabric!
Here’s just a taste:
There are SO many though, you need to check it out yourself.
And…I think you are going to love this-they even sell personalized fabrics! I think this would be PERFECT for making something like the messenger bag up above right!?
You’ll also find sew in quilt labels that are personalized as well:
Ok, enough raving about them! Just go check them out yourself!
Our other sponsor this month is Silhouette!
If you’ve read my blog for very long, you know I LOVE my Silhouette machine! I use it a lot, but my very favorite thing to cut is fabric! I’ve made quite a few things using my Silhouette. Here are a few of them:
The monsters in this pillow are cut using my Silhouette! Couldn’t do anything quite like that without this machine!
I also cut out the heart for this one with my Silhouette machine:
And one of this month’s projects used my Silhouette! The messenger bag! I cut the vinyl for the name with this great machine:
Seriously though, I use it for TONS of things!
So…one lucky winner will receive a Silhouette Cutting Machine along with fabric supplies like a fabric blade and interfacing! (And, go to instagram to find another Silhouette giveaway today!) Terms: Open to US/Canada residents, 18 & older. Void where prohibited. Winner cannot have won a Silhouette America giveaway in the past 90 days.
Three more lucky winners will get 2 dozen of the personalized quilt tags from Modern Yardage! You can use those on anything you sew. Perfect for gift giving!