OK, it’s summer now. (I know this isn’t true for all of my readers but for those of your down under, bear with me.) I know that things get kind of lazy and slow paced during the summer or you go on vacation or the kids are home or whatever the reason, that sewing machine just might collect some dust. Let’s not let that happen friends! Sew something fun up for June and keep with me on the Sew Crazy Challenge! This month let’s channel our inner Olaf with the theme…
In Summer Sew Crazy Challenge:
This month we will sew anything summery and I’ve got some really fun project options for you!
#1: Project option 1 is one of my recent tutorials and also one of my all time favorites! I made this bag to take with me to the park and the pool this summer. It’s large and roomy and it’s quite easy to sew. It’s the Summertime Tote Bag:
or, just to give you a little variety, here’s a different summer tote-I call this one my beach tote:
#2: Project Option 2 is brought to you by Caila Made. This is a blog that I discovered fairly recently and was immediately impressed by and I think you will be too! She’s bringing us a fun summer project to try-a beach towel strap:
#3: Anyone going camping this summer? Having sleepovers at Grandma’s? How about making a fun sleeping bag for the little ones?! This is one of my all time favorite projects. And while it takes a lot of fabric, it isn’t hard to make. It’s the Kid’s Sleeping Bag:
#4: Project 4 is kid oriented as well. It’s perfect for all of those trips to the pool and it’s a spinoff from the hooded towels. It’s a Swim Suit Coverup with a fun character head (make any animal you want!):
#5: OK, this was one of last month’s projects, but it fits the theme and it’s so quick and easy, that if you didn’t find time to do it last month, maybe you should give it a try this month? It’s a Sunglasses Case:
If none of these ideas suits you, you can pick anything that fits the theme to sew. Here’s a post that can help with more ideas:
Sew Crazy Monthly Challenge:
If you are new here, please, join right in! Each month we having a sewing theme and projects to work on and prizes to be won! I hope you will join us!
- Once you have sewn your project, post it somewhere for the world to see! Show that baby off! Post it on facebook, instagram, twitter, google plus, your blog, wherever you want. Tag @CrazyLittleProjects and use the hashtag #SewCrazyChallenge so that I can see your projects and other readers can too.
- Or you can email me your project at amber at crazylittleprojects.com
- We have a private facebook group that you are welcome to join to share your projects and see what others have done. But…I sort of broke it recently and can’t fix it. So the only want to join it now is to send me your email address and I can send you an invite. Just email me at amber at crazylittleprojects.com and I will get you added.
- Enter the giveaway below to win this moth’s big fat prize pack! There are a few entries you can do now and some you will need to do after you sew your project. PLEASE COME BACK AND ENTER. Posting your project online somewhere is just for fun. It is not your entry. You must come back and enter on the rafflecopter below to be officially entered.
- I would love it if you subscribed to the blog by email so that I know that you are receiving all of the updates on the series. Sign up at the top of this page.
- You can also follow me on facebook, pinterest, twitter, instagram, and google plus, but none of these guarantee that you will see ALL of the updates.
- Have fun!! And tell your friends. Let’s have fun with this.
Now, who wants to win a prize?
This month one of my FAVORITE online fabric stores is giving 2 winners a $50 gift certificate to shop for wonderful fabric!
Check out their great selection of designer fabrics if you haven’t already. They ship fast, everything is high quality, I just love this fabric store!