It’s May!! Isn’t there something about May that just makes life happy? I am sitting at my computer typing this on a perfect, gorgeous spring day with the windows wide open while my 3 biggest boys play outside (I happen to know that they are covered in mud and I am pretending that isn’t happening) and hubby is mowing our lawn for the first time of the year. I am happy!
So, let’s kick off May with another great round of the Monthly Sew Crazy Challenge! I’ve got a kind of wacky theme this month that I hope you will have fun with as well as a fun prize and I hope this will be a blast!
So, without further ado, the theme for this month’s challenge is…
Maybe a little vague, definitely a lot of fun, we are going to sew things related to dreams this month. Think sweet dreams at night, think the things you dream of doing in your life, think the day dreams that keep you going on rough days. Anything goes!
Big Dreams Sew Crazy Challenge Projects:
Here’s the project options for this month!
Project Option #1: Ever dream of a sunny day on the beach or warm weather poolside with a good book? Sunglasses are essential to those dreams right? So I have a very quick and easy project for you! It’s a quick, 3 step sunglasses case. Make it with scraps and it should take you well under 30 minutes. (Took me about 10.) Quick and easy and fun! (And works as a cute gift as well.) Here’s the Sunglasses Case Pattern & Tutorial:
Project Option #2: You could probably see this one coming-you can’t dream without a nice pair of pjs can you? And pajamas are one of the easiest things to make! I’ve got a tutorial that will teach you how to make them without a pattern, just using another pair of jammies or pants as you guide. Make this for kids, make this for you, whatever works best for you! Pajamas tutorial here:
Project Option #3: We all know what little kids dream of right? They want to be a superhero, a cowboy, a princess, an astronaut! I just love the sight of my little 2 year old walking down the stairs with his goggles on his face, a football helmet on his head and a Wolverine arm covering his little hand. There’s nothing better than kids’ big dreams. So let’s so up something to fuel that dreaming! I’ve got an easy Superhero Cape and Mask Tutorial here. (You are also welcome to sew up any other costumes for your kiddos.)
Project Option #4: Another quick and easy project that you can do anything you would like with-try making a pillowcase! It’s another standard, easy project. I have a tutorial on my blog to make a Ninjago one, but you can turn this into anything! Keep it plain-just a normal pillowcase or applique on any of your kids’ favorite characters or your own monogram or anything you want! Just sew a Pillowcase!
That’s 4 projects all from my blog. I hope you will like them but if you want to sew something else and have an idea that fits the theme FEEL FREE!
Just a quick recap of how this challenge works for those who are new or need a refresher and then we will get to the prize!
Sew Crazy Monthly Challenge:
If you are new here, please, join right in! Each month we having a sewing theme and projects to work on and prizes to be won! I hope you will join us!
- Once you have sewn your project, post it somewhere for the world to see! Show that baby off! Post it on facebook, instagram, twitter, google plus, your blog, wherever you want. Tag @CrazyLittleProjects and use the hashtag #SewCrazyChallenge so that I can see your projects and other readers can too.
- Or you can email me your project at amber at crazylittleprojects.com
- We have a private facebook group that you are welcome to join to share your projects and see what others have done. But…I sort of broke it recently and can’t fix it. So the only want to join it now is to send me your email address and I can send you an invite. Just email me at amber at crazylittleprojects.com and I will get you added.
- Enter the giveaway below to win this moth’s big fat prize pack! There are a few entries you can do now and some you will need to do after you sew your project. PLEASE COME BACK AND ENTER. Posting your project online somewhere is just for fun. It is not your entry. You must come back and enter on the rafflecopter below to be officially entered.
- I would love it if you subscribed to the blog by email so that I know that you are receiving all of the updates on the series. Sign up at the top of this page.
- You can also follow me on facebook, pinterest, twitter, instagram, and google plus, but none of these guarantee that you will see ALL of the updates.
- Have fun!! And tell your friends. Let’s have fun with this.
Now, who wants to win a prize?
Top 10 Tools for Sewing:
For this month I thought it would be fun to show you the ten tools for sewing-things that I think anyone who sews absolutely needs and then give the whole batch away to one lucky winner! What do you think? Sound good?
Here they are in random order:
Of course you need lots and lots of Pins (and it helps if they are pretty):
I use it a lot, it’s a tape measure:
A nice, sharp pair of sewing scissors.
(Truthfully, I think you need several of these because it’s easy to misplace them):
I also like to have some tiny, sharp Detail Scissors:
There’s nothing worse than running out of thread in the middle of a project, so you need lots of thread in every color:
2 things to make cutting straight edges easier, it’s good to have a rotary cutter and cutting mat:
I love having tons of extra bobbin cases so that I can have them ready in every color:
And of course you need a pin cushion. My favorite kind is a magnetic one:
And…of course you need fabric!
Now, I know that you probably have many of these things but I think it can be great to have multiples of many of them! One lucky winner is going to get a box with all of these supplies (including several yards of fabric) shipped to their door!