Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that I have 4 boys, no girls and will also know how often I sew clothes for my boys. Um, that would be just about never. But guess what?! Today I am showing you an adorable boys blazer that I sewed for my 2 year old.
And because this is so rare, be prepared for picture overload. This little stink was throwing a tantrum most of the time I was trying to take his picture in the blazer (because that’s what 2 year olds do) but I got some goodies anyway. I did have to bribe him with a sucker…
Oh ya, he’s looking snazzy isn’t he? Even if he was grouchy through most of this.
Oh, and would you like to know where I got that fabric? Mood. In NYC. Which is apparently the official store of Project Runway, but I don’t watch Project Runway so I wouldn’t know that. But I bet some of you would. Well, I went there last week. And bought this fabric. Anyway.
You can purchase these patterns online and print them out right from your computer. They are easy to piece together with very clear instructions and pictures to help you sew:
They are available in many sizes-from baby up to big kids as well as some for women.
5 Things I Love About Blank Slate Patterns:
- I love that I can shop at home, buy the patterns I want online and download them to my computer and then print them out. I can do all of this in my pajamas if I want and I don’t have to drive all around town to find a pattern I like.
- I love that there are great patterns for boys. Those of us with boys need stores like this.
- I love the prices. These are good prices for high quality patterns.
- I love if you are sewing a pattern and have a question you can email Melissa (the owner and designer) for help. You can’t do that with the big name patterns.
- I love that there are real pictures of the sewing process in the pattern.
Let me show you a few of my favorite patterns. The newest patterns for Summer were just released yesterday! Check them out:
I also love:
Fun stuff right?
Check out the full line at Blake Slate Patterns.
And, a few lucky readers are going to win 1 free pattern of their choice and 1 really lucky winner will win all 3 of the new summer patterns!