Ninjago Pillowcase

Some of you are going to love this (or at least your sons are) and others of you are going to have no idea what this even is. In my family, this is a bit of an obsession.

Ninjago Pillowcase Pattern

That (for those of you who don’t know) would be a Ninjago pillowcase. Jay to be exact. Ninjago is Lego’s latest and greatest (or do they have a new one by now?) and it has been very near and dear to several of my children’s hearts in the last year.

For my 4 year old’s birthday back in January I decided to make him a Ninjago pillowcase, which he loved, so I thought I might as well share my idea with the Ninjago loving world.

Very easy to make and you could do any color for any of the ninjas.

What You Need:
1 yard of fabric in background color
Small amounts of yellow, white and black fabric
Iron on transfer paper

Start out by cutting your fabric for the pillowcase, but don’t sew it yet.

A typical pillowcase is 20″ x 32″ so cut yours about 21″ x 38″ (you’ll be folding the top down twice, so you need about 6 extra inches there).

Cut out these pattern pieces

You need 1 yellow mask part, 2 white eyes, 2 black eyes and two eyebrows.

Iron your pieces onto the iron on transfer paper and then iron them in place on your pillowcase.

Do a tight zig zag stitch around each piece of the face. I also added the under eye shadow by just continuing my zig zag stitch on a little farther.

Sew the pillowcase together on the bottom and one side. Fold the top down about 3 inches and press, then again 3 more inches and press again. Sew around the top to finish the pillowcase and you are done.

Comments

Adorable. I’m going to pin this and come back later so my oldest doesn’t see this and beg for his room theme to change—again!

Awesome! My son loves Ninjago. He has a plain black t-shirt I’ve wanted to do something with for quite a while and this looks perfect for it! Thanks for sharing.

3. Marci says

So adorable & COOL, my grandson will love them. I’m sure we’ll have one of each color & I think may adapt it for a valance for curtains made from the Ninjago sheets.

4. Meghan says

So cute would love to make these for my boys – the link to the pattern is coming up not found :( Could you e-mail them to me?

Thanks – Love your site!

5. Eileen Viele says

OK, so I don’t want to make a pillowcase, but I was looking for an APRON, as my son LOVES to COOK (10 yrs old) AND Loves NINJAGO….and THIS, is just perfect! thank you!!

6. Lacie says

I LOVE this idea!! It is adorable! How talented you are! I purchased my son a Ninjago comforter for Christmas, and I was just complaining about how expensive the sheets were! You have solved my problem. Thank you so much for sharing this terrific idea!!

My son LOVES ninjago! My other son thought this was totally cool–so you get 2 “cool” votes from my boys!

My girls made the little guy a ninjago cake for his birthday–he was so excited.

I’m going to try this–TOMORROW.

Be Blessed.

8. Christa says

Hi! I stumbled across this on Pinterest and just had to come thank you personally for the idea! I plan to make this for my boys for Christmas. They will be so happy!! Thank you for sharing, and what a great idea!

Great website. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to
    several buddies ans also sharing in delicious.

And certainly, thank you on your sweat!

10. Nat says

this is great. I’ve used your template on two “Lloyd” pencil cases I’ve made for my 2 Ninjago loving boys for Xmas. thanks!